Steering wheel leather wrap progress,or not.

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

Steering wheel leather wrap progress,or not.

Post by lavron »

You all know while under sequester by the house dr. I have been attempting to stitch a leather cover on my wheel, I have been at it several days (I am slow for many reasons :roll: )I finally got to the point of doing what I call the corset stitching that should have drawn it down tight but the rim is too slim and unit was not working so I currently am pursuing a couple of different options. I ordered a couple more different wraps to see if one will fit better, and I ordered a leather punch in case I need to modify the current wrap by punching a set of holes further in and starting all over again, will let everyone know what I do and link back t the best solution I find :wink:
See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Joe Travers

Re: Steering wheel leather wrap progress,or not.

Post by Joe Travers »

Good therapy in the A/C, Mike. Glad you're making progress.
This heat turns me into a wild man when I work in it. Work in 15-20 minute bursts and cool down makes me kinda nutty after an hour or so. :?
Can't believe I worked out in this mess every year for many years but it catches up with you.
Take care of yourself.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi