53 Years ago today (7/2/68)

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
A/FX
Comet Central Member

53 Years ago today (7/2/68)

Post by A/FX »

53 years ago today I bought my Cyclone. To celebrate the occasion I drove the car to Des Moines Iowa for the GoodGuys event.

‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

popscomet

Re: 53 Years ago today (7/2/68)

Post by popscomet »

COOL,,,you have had your comet lacking a year as long as I've had GLENDA !!..4/67
pop/glenda

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Congratulations, Jim!
You saw a good thing 53 years ago and stuck with it. That's quite an accomplishment.
(You too, Pop).

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Wow!!
Many congrats, so happy to see it rollin again. Many cars get stuck in storage to be redone later and it never happens.
Thanks for sharing your build thread, your a great talent with many neat ideas in the car!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Someday maybe I can catch up, but with just42years I will have to hang on to the Comet a bit longer I guess :lol: :lol: You know she will never leave meI do believe we are kindred souls who know what we like and stick with it and make something totally our own (that is my goal so far, it may be a lowly sedan but there is no other like it 8) and that suits me fine you will know me when I roll into town :lol:
See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Congrats! hellva nice job! lotsa hard work & it shows! :P
Johno

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

Thank you to everyone for the positive comments. On Saturday I placed the car in the “Builders Choice” area where they would pick 10 cars from the approximately 75 entries for an award. Being that some of the cars were multi hundred thousand dollar professional builds I knew that I had little chance of being picked but it was satisfying to be placed in the same area with the big guns. (Quite a few were transported to the event, I drove mine)
All in all I put almost 900 miles on it driving to and from DesMoines.

‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

"Quite a few were transported to the event, I drove mine)
All in all I put almost 900 miles on it driving to and from DesMoines"
Theres the winner in my book !!!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

A/FX wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:27 pm
Thank you to everyone for the positive comments. On Saturday I placed the car in the “Builders Choice” area where they would pick 10 cars from the approximately 75 entries for an award. Being that some of the cars were multi hundred thousand dollar professional builds I knew that I had little chance of being picked but it was satisfying to be placed in the same area with the big guns. (Quite a few were transported to the event, I drove mine)
All in all I put almost 900 miles on it driving to and from DesMoines.

Love to see and hear about the drivers I think the main purpose is to drive and enjoy looking at it comes in second for me except seeing what mods were done under the car :wink: :wink: love seeing everyone’s engineering and solutions to making a perfect Comet for them and maybe stealing something to make a perfect Comet for me :PEverytime I see someone driving I want to as well but I am just not quite there yet, I am envious :? I guess, but everyone keep posting and keep me motivated :) See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

THAT'S great ! MAKES YOU PROUD OF YOUR WORK.(and your personal vision)back in 1996,wife drove her 56 ford to SEDELIA,MO. put it in the CAR CRAFT MAGAZINE SUMMER CRUISE SHOW,,,along with 1500 other entries,,the editor of that magazine went around on a golf cart ,was a 3 day show and also picked 10 only,,,wife's 1956 ford was one of the 10 ,,,,was presented a hand built award by BOYD COTTINGTON,,ALONG with the award the commander of the LITTLE ROCK AIR FORCE base presented her for commander's choice and the 7ft tall award the UNION PACIFIC RR gave her are 3 of her favorites of the many many she and that little 56 has won in the 4 or 5 yrs she showed it,,and it was never on a trailer,,,many times she would have me put it on the lift and she has spent hrs on top of hrs cleaning and polishing the bottom side,,,,she showed it with mirriors showing the bottom side,,,,went thru many pkgs of Q tips,,,so POP knows how proud you are are of your comet and the feeling you have when others admire it....again congrats !! POP and Glenda
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I forgot to mention the award and jacket she won in 96 at the SREET MACHINE NATIONALS,IN SPRINGFIELD,MO. FOR best FORD.......POP
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

SASSY wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:50 pm
Wow!!
Many congrats, so happy to see it rollin again. Many cars get stuck in storage to be redone later and it never happens.
Thanks for sharing your build thread, your a great talent with many neat ideas in the car!
Fred
Sometimes it takes a while and the proper motivation to get some of us going, I found those here in the forum :lol: you all are a big motivating factor for me, thank you all for helping me get my dream back and being here to bounce ideas off of, I don’t have any local gear heads who come hang out, but now in the wide digital world I have 1000s to hang out with and amazingly enough we all get along nicely 99% of the time, unusual in the online world today.but then agin we are Comet guys that tend to stick together even if you have stacked headlights instead of the proper way sidebyside :lol: no one cares if you have a trailer queen or believe it should be driven everywhere and everyone is respectful of others visions and help out when they can and finally there are no dumb questions around here.
See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread