Keep or crush

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

Keep or crush

Post by lavron »

You guy know I have my parts car the most valuable thing it has going for it is it has papers and all th front metal to match. But I have to down size I would give everything to some one that might be able to use it otherwise I am afraid it going to have to becom a HydHONDA OR TWO :? Just putting that out there I am sure she will probably be smashed just bd just bad to see good paper go to wasteI am talking free here maybe someone is close enough to save her for the titles he rest of the car may have useable parts still but not much there are no floors and the roof has been removed as well before I got it has some good trim and taillights which I won’t crush anyways0 May give it a through once over and mash what is left I can try and pull any parts someone needs but don’t count on any hard to remove parts in my current stateI gues whatever the scrap is I can subtract from my $20000 budget build the\parts car paid for itself along time ago our all know me I can hardly bring myself to part with something in such a destructive way raw materials going to \wasteso you guys are finally seeing me getting rid of something I know you thought you would never \see the day but we chose to b\ecome city folk in the nic\e part of tow \eh\er\e th\ey ke\ep an eye on you I will regr\et crushing h\er one\ day, in fact I already do just thinking about it 8) 8) :? :? :|I am having no regrets moving it is some\thing we really n\Ed to do the house and 80 acres is getting to be too much and\ a large part of my family is down in ForsythIt makes a difference. E\pecially because they \are proving to be a great help right now even helping us with the move and they eve\n gave the new house there approval when we could not g\et do\wn there\ we bought th\e house \sight unseen until last weekend and won’t be back until closing day and spend the night ( we get passpossesion on closing day we have a view to rival our current home but with a lake vie\w sand three tiers of decks I might hear old rattler barking in the moonlightI hop\e not :lol: when we ulled in last week te\re was a dog chained out in our yard I hope a dog was not included in the contract :lol: :lol: :lol: I think it belonged to the neighbor Lori said someone came and got itches more I think about it and look at it I think the parts car might make a dandy 64 trailer to pull behind whatever Comet I might be driving at the timethere is only one right now and maybe the only one ever unless I get bettering will be it you guys are inspiring to dip my toes into theV8world and maybe Self shifting cars for a easy road trip Have one that shifts for me one totally manual which is the 64 of course pulling a 64 trailer painted to match sounds like a plan to me
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

SASSY

Re: Keep or crush

Post by SASSY »

There was a post here that was attributed yo me and had my signture. I wasnt able to delete it so I edited out all content and replaced with this note for clarification.
The post had part of my last post and some of Mike's last post
No clue how that happened!
Fred
Last edited by SASSY on Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

loman

Re: Keep or crush

Post by loman »

I hope you find someone who can use it. I crushed my first Comet several years back. Parts of that car now live on all 3 of my other cars and there is a pile of parts stored in my shed. We even cut the roof off and saved that. The floor board of my car was vintage iron oxide so it needed to go but the crew chief more than once has said he wished we would have kept it for reference and a couple of other ideas he has had. But sometimes space dictates all.