Cruise Night

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
A/FX
Comet Central Member

Cruise Night

Post by A/FX »

One of the local Burger places hosts a cruise night on Saturday PM’s weekly, a friend of mine called me earlier today and said he was going and asked if I wanted to meet him. We met up at his place and drove to the event, maybe 75 cars but a lot of coming and going so it was hard to determine how many showed up. FoMoCo products were in the minority, quite a few nice MoPars and the usual assortment of GM stuff. I did not want to park in the grass because it looked too soft from a previous rain so we ended up “power parking” at the end of a row.
His car draws quite a bit of attention so a crowd formed as soon as we parked. ( Green coupe with a blown and injected Hemi that runs Nitromethane when he races it at the strip)
We hung around for a little over an hour then headed out. It was a perfect night for a ride.
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

Jims65cyclone

Re: Cruise Night

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Those kinds of cruise-ins are great. There's one every 2nd Saturday at a strip mall parking lot not far from me that usually draws 100+ cars every month. Some are regulars and some occasionally come, and the cars run the gamete from Model T's to dragsters, ratrods to near concourse, restomods to crusty barn finds. Seems like there's always something there that you haven't seen before. That's what makes them so fun. No categories, no trophies, just checking out each other's cars and shootin' the breeze. :D

Jim

JimsHot66

Post by JimsHot66 »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:35 pm
Those kinds of cruise-ins are great. There's one every 2nd Saturday at a strip mall parking lot not far from me that usually draws 100+ cars every month. Some are regulars and some occasionally come, and the cars run the gamete from Model T's to dragsters, ratrods to near concourse, restomods to crusty barn finds. Seems like there's always something there that you haven't seen before. That's what makes them so fun. No categories, no trophies, just checking out each other's cars and shootin' the breeze. :D

Jim
Yep. I'm fortunate to live in an area with lots of great cars that run the gamut. Every Wednesday the local Mel's diner (about 4 miles from my house) has a thing where about 30 cars show up. Every Saturday, Grass Valley (about a 20 minute drive) has cars and coffee which draws about 100 cars. All very casual with some great people...I've made some good friends in a short time along the way.
Jim

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Well Jim if they stopped by the blower car and missed yours they missed a beautiful build!
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

SASSY wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:03 pm
Well Jim if they stopped by the blower car and missed yours they missed a beautiful build!
And a much rarer car ta boot! :D
I saw two deuce coupes @ the last car meet I attended. Haven't see a '64 Cyclone here since late '80s.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

Joe Travers wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:50 pm
SASSY wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:03 pm
And a much rarer car ta boot! :D
I saw two deuce coupes @ the last car meet I attended. Haven't see a '64 Cyclone here since late '80s.

Joe
Brians car gets quite a bit of attention, its loud, (zoomie headers) it bright green, and the engine is intimidating. This is a street car that turns in the 6’s when he races it on a big load of nitromethane. Brian is a MoPar guy so the coupe is a ‘31 Chrysler, the engine is an aluminum Hemi and the trans is a Lenco.
My Comet pales compared to it but thats fine, I prefer the subtle not in your face approach.
For you guys who read the HAMB he has a thread that explains the up’s and down’s of this beast. https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/thr ... sh.991650/
Jim

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Started reading that long thread, didn't recognize the current paint job.
Looked like he was going the Don Garlits route on the rebuild. Crazy fast for a street legal car.
Can't avoid inspections here unless you fork out $1K for specialty plates. New law to weed out a lot of these type cars. :(

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

Joe Travers wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:40 pm
Started reading that long thread, didn't recognize the current paint job.
Looked like he was going the Don Garlits route on the rebuild. Crazy fast for a street legal car.
Can't avoid inspections here unless you fork out $1K for specialty plates. New law to weed out a lot of these type cars. :(

Joe
Wisconsin does not have any equipment inspections, we do “sniff” any vehicle that is newer than 20 years or something like that. He has driven that car on Drag Week which goes through many states and has not been cited. ( lucky) Like I said I prefer to keep a low profile and fly under the radar, the State Patrol here doesn’t even give my Comet a second look.
The weather here for the upcoming week looks perfect, there are a couple of cruise nights and a large street show that I plan to attend.
Jim