Memories of a fun day

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
SASSY

Memories of a fun day

Post by SASSY »

About 9 years ago today these 3 spent the day creating memories!
Left the rv pk in the morning, met these 2 at an airport in Chino(?) Then to the LA roaster show in Pomona and seen Roy who had his 65 in the show. We lost Joe at some point to the job thing and that evening Mike and I ended up at a Bobs burger in Downey (?) Hoarse from yackin n laughin I headed for home. As I left the parking lot I realized,,, I'm in the middle of LA and no clue,,,, oh ya Mike told me get on the ____ here take the exit there, make sure you stay in the right lane at exit #____ but it was all a blur. Did I mention it was dark? So I wondered along at about 80mph!! in traffic looking for something to click. Not knowing how far the next exit or offramp was away I was on the edge all the time but somehow did enough things right ended up back in Oceanside anx pulled into the rv park about 2am,,,, WHAT AN AWESOME DAY!!!
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Re: Memories of a fun day

Post by poboyjo65 »

Cool pic Fred. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wished he could have been in that gang. :D & y'all were at an old comet dealer in this pic, right?
Johno

SASSY

Re: Memories of a fun day

Post by SASSY »

The sign behind us was under something else and RCMike spotted it during the reno happening at the site. Seems to me it was a 60-61 sign that listed Comets as a separate brand from Mercury (which they were then).
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about