what did you do to your comet today?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
StPro

Re: what did you do to your comet today?

Post by StPro »

popscomet wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:11 pm
I have been running the whls off my comet almost everyday,for at least the last 3wks or longer,, saturday morning I started loading my truck with gen ,air comp and hooked up trailer and loaded my side by side,, getting ready to go to the races,my truck has sat so long that a little field mouse had started building a nest on a pair of work gloves on the seat,,,,my question is how did this little rascal get in the cab ??....so now I need to set a trap in the floor,,don't want to poison him with some bait,,he'll go to smelling....so reckon the moral of this story is don't drive comet so much and drive truck more often,,,, :lol:
I vote more traps. I have them in all my cars and trailers. Check every week, replace bate every other week. About once every 6 weeks I catch a mouse. My wife once asked me what I was doing with the peanut butter on a disposable spoon? I told her I was going Camaro hunting. :D
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

YES SIR !! got traps and peanut butter !! the inside smells to the high heavens...might be one already dead in there....this F150 is a 94 with 85 thou act miles,,,clean as can be and always very well taken care....am ask on a regular basis is it for sell???...just about all I ever use it for is to haul my side by side to the race track,,,,so it stays parked alot...only this time I left my trailer still hooked up and loaded for 3wks sitting under a shade tree out next to my dog pen....don't know why they picked this one truck to infest,,my 88 knock about and huntin truck was next to it...at least those little rascals have good taste in trucks :shock: :lol: ...thanks and have a great day............POP
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I FOUND THAT STICKING LITTLE RASCAL,,OR WHAT WAS left of him....took all out behind seat and under it,,,never knew I had so many hats and jackets,,,,even found stuff from comet gathering 5yrs ago,,,,,got so much good smelling stuff in cab ,,it smells like a bath house in JAPAN !!! :shock:
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:34 pm
I FOUND THAT STICKING LITTLE RASCAL,,OR WHAT WAS left of him
They certainly can make a stink, but have to be the most destructive creature there is when alive, I was blowing nest material out of the Comet trunk braces today with the leaf blower, it just kept coming, I don't know how recent it is, if it just happened or was from the last couple of years when the trunk lid was sitting in the back of the shed :? I am thinking about making some covers to go over all those holes in the trunk bracing to see if I can keep them out.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I just need to start driving this truck more often,,I am so fond of a clutch pedal that I drive either my 88 or my comet as this 94 has an AT...it sits way to much ,,reason it is such low mileage and so clean inside and out and bottom side,,,plus throw in the miles I drive my 66f100 390 3spd column shift......Glenda use to drive the 94 some,but now getting 30 plus MPG FROM HER camary she just drives it....OH WELL !!! live and learn :? :) thanks this should be all of this post for POP... 8)
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

Last weekend my son and I took the Comet to explore the remnants of Route 66 in California. Barstow, Victorville and San Bernardino. It was a big deal for him because he’d read up on the history and because of one of his favorite movies- Cars.
It was an awesome trip!! About 300 miles that went pretty smooth...until the last 50. We heard a loud BANG and smelled antifreeze. Temp went up and I got off the highway. One of the blades on the reproduction radiator fan separated and destroyed some stuff on the way out.
Almost made it!
Got her towed and got some parts on order to get her fixed.
Still a great trip!

1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Out makin memories eh!
Cool drive,,, for the most part!
So didn't hurt the hood,,? Silver lining.
Time flies, your son was about as tall as a tire when I met him now probably tall as his mom.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I heard a lot of negativity about my flex fan when ever it was brought up. was told a stock fan would be better. I know yours was a stock repop but that just goes to show you any of them can let go at anytime. come to think of it I got this flexfan from you Joe,did you have it on the comet before this one ?
Johno

DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

Saturday I bead blasted two totes of parts getting ready to primer them. I also removed the fuel line, brake line and E-brake cable from the chassis getting ready for the new floorpan install. Removing the rear drums and dismantling the brakes to get the E-brake cables loose without ruining them was fun---------------------------
Oz never gave nothing to the tin man that he didn't-didn't already have-Image

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Glad that blade didn't take out your glass hood! That's worth a lot more than what it DID tear up. :shock:

Jim

comethead

Post by comethead »

SASSY wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:44 am
Out makin memories eh!
Cool drive,,, for the most part!
So didn't hurt the hood,,? Silver lining.
Time flies, your son was about as tall as a tire when I met him now probably tall as his mom.
Fred
Yeah he loves old cars and especially our Comet and Falcon.
It looks like the blade exited at the bottom where it cut the shroud. Good day! :?

comethead

Post by comethead »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:57 am
I heard a lot of negativity about my flex fan when ever it was brought up. was told a stock fan would be better. I know yours was a stock repop but that just goes to show you any of them can let go at anytime. come to think of it I got this flexfan from you Joe,did you have it on the comet before this one ?
Hey Johnnie that fan was on a car I parted out. Shoulda kept it and painted black! :lol:
The US made Flex a lite fans are rated at 8000rpm.
I ordered a Flex a lite fan from Summit but it’s not a flex fan because they’re back ordered until November. I don’t have that kind of time.
The one I ordered is their “race” fan rated at 10,000rpm. We’ll see how many years it holds up to 5000rpm :lol:

comethead

Post by comethead »

Btw I think the flex fans that have a bad reputation are the original factory flex fans that tended to come apart from what I’ve read.
As you know Flex-a-Lite has been in business for a long time. I have confidence in their products. I have their 8000rpm nylon fan in the track Falcon. I wish I could run that fan in the Comet but the crank pulley is too long because of the ps and it hits.

Joe

comethead

Post by comethead »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:28 pm
Glad that blade didn't take out your glass hood! That's worth a lot more than what it DID tear up. :shock:

Jim
Very true Jim.
Altogether it wasn't a bad outing. Things break but we are safe. I’ll take that any day of the week.
Joe

tweaked

Post by tweaked »

Joe lousy that fan came apart on you. lucky it didn't get your hood. Back around 1982 I saw a flex fan go through the steel hood of a 70 camaro. I have a stock 5 blade flex fan off one my 390s, think it was from my 64 Marauder. The motors I ran it on only ever saw around 6000rpm. Worked great at cooling but no where good as my twin electric puller fan. I would be scared to hang a fan on the motor I run now as it sees 8000rpm often.
Very cool to be able to go for a drive like that with your son.
Roger
65 comet 7.61@96mph 1/8
Made in Canada, Built for speed.
Tweaked65 on instagram

https://youtu.be/JCVwEitXSi4