what did you do to your comet today?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Rocket989

Re: what did you do to your comet today?

Post by Rocket989 »

Thanks Pop!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

StPro

Post by StPro »

Absolutely nothing! And its killing Me. I need spring.
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

StPro wrote:Absolutely nothing! And its killing Me. I need spring.
X2
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

loman

Post by loman »

SASSY wrote:
StPro wrote:Absolutely nothing! And its killing Me. I need spring.
X2
X3, I looked at the car and aired up the slicks.

loman

Post by loman »

We have finally had some spring weather (temp made it to 80 today), so I took the car off jackstands and rolled her outside for some sun and a bath. I know my car is not perfect but she looks a whole lot better when she is clean. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the weather this weekend. I'm hoping to go play somewhere.

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

I’ll 2nd that! Looks a little nippy this weekend but if it’s dry!! :D :lol:

I got home early the other day & was going to wash my heap - ended-up driving it though! The two years of dust and crap on it is guilting me though...still have a nice pile of snipped MIG wire ends all over inside too from getting rid of the hump! :lol: :shock: :roll:

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

I got the black rear quarter trim panels installed & top metal trim painted on both sides. Took longer to get the window cranks back on then doing all the rest!!! :lol: :x

Also, given all the messing with carbs lately, I gave up on the original style clip for the carb end of the linkage rod. I’ve been bending 5/32 stainless rod to fit (f’ing bellcrank!!), so I drilled a hole for a little hairpin clip (like the choke rod on a Holley) & threaded the end 8-32 and installed a nylok nut for insurance.

BJB

Post by BJB »

Walked past it and swore under my breath.." You're killing me .." ...I'm sure it lamented , " Pull your finger out , get the spanners you lazy prick".
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

Maxine and Me

Post by Maxine and Me »

More of a "yesterday and day before yesterday" post, but I finally got my 1964 Comet, "Maxine the Merc," back from my mechanic on Monday, and with my Dad's help, had her trailered over to a wheel alignment shop. Picked her up yesterday, and immediately drove to the local Tuesday-afternoon cruise-in for the first time in several months. Super-stoked that I get to drive her again, and she handles better than ever! Also saved a spot for another Comet-owning buddy of mine. We had a blast!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

that shade of blue is a great color for a comet......and of course red is also !! sitting side by side ,their looks just feed off each other.....good luck and thanks for posting pic's........POP
pop/glenda

Maxine and Me

Post by Maxine and Me »

popscomet wrote:that shade of blue is a great color for a comet......and of course red is also !! sitting side by side ,their looks just feed off each other.....good luck and thanks for posting pic's........POP
Thanks Pop! I feel I'm going to be a LOT more active here now that I've got my own Comet up-and-running once again!

Maxine and Me

Post by Maxine and Me »

Took "Maxine the Merc" over to the Heart of Route 66 Auto Museum in Sapulpa, OK today for a little photoshoot with a state travel brochure company (They were mainly there for the Museum, but they wanted to have a number of folks to show up with their classics.) Maxine and I were the subjects of a good number of photos. No telling if we made the final cut until about 6 months from now, but I had a great time, and I even got a free tour of the museum out of it! Afterwards, we drove over to the Rock Creek Bridge on historic Route 66 for a few good photos, but there was a bit more traffic than I expected, so instead, I shot some pics of Maxine next to the remains of the Tee Pee Drive-In Theater. I also helped Dad shoot a quick video for a friend there with Maxine and the old screen in the background, but it wasn't easy with all the wind blowing into the mic. I eventually got some shots with the Rock Creek Bridge just before I packed up my camera gear and drove home. Between all the places I went, the multiple takes recording Dad's video, and all the compliments, waves, nods, thumbs-ups and photos, today was a great day to drive around in my favorite '64 Comet!

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Maxine and Me wrote:Between all the places I went, ....and all the compliments, waves, nods, thumbs-ups and photos, today was a great day to drive around in my favorite '64 Comet!
It's gratifying when you take your car out and folks you've never seen before give you the thumbs up and wave. Mine's not as nice as yours (20 footer), but it makes you feel good when people appreciate our old cars. I think some have a flicker of reminiscence of their youth, and others are just trying to figure out what that cool car is. 8)
Jim

tntrash

Post by tntrash »

Took the rear suspension apart over the winter. Took apart the leaf springs, cleaned them up and painted them. Considered new leaf springs, but liked the ride height so I stuck with the original. Cleaned up the rearend and painted. Installed Energy suspension poly bushing and shackle kit. The kit had the wrong shackle bushings in it (their fault). Energy suspension was great to work with on getting that straightened out. Took the driveshaft out since the u-joints had never been replaced. Took it to the driveline shop to check balance since I had a slight pulsing vibration around 60 mph. Sure enough the could not balance it. They cut out the old tube and replaced with new. I could of bought a new driveshaft for what it cost, but since the driveline from my comet is mostly from a fairlane, I didnt want to risk fitament issues. There was no sign of damage, I suspect the driveshaft came that way from the factory. Took the hood off to clean up and powdercoat the hood hinges since I had a batch of suspension parts to do. Comet is back together minus the hood. It really sticks to the road with those rotten bushings out of it!

garch65

Post by garch65 »

Hey,

I have added a few pictures on my restoration of my 65 Comet. This started back in October, cleaned up the engine,rebuilt transmission, new clutch, new interior, new glass being put in this week, new felt,new speedo cable, new engine mounts, new Doug's tri Y coated headers and so on... I want to say "Thank-you" to everyone who has helped me along the way in this forum. I still have a ways to go on the restoration, interior, insulation, Headliner and the final step... rims and tires.
Its been a lot fun and the people on this Forum are AMAZING! I have a lot of pics but downloading and computers are frustrating to me :D
Thanks,

Garch 65 AKA Ken
Attachments
IMG_4684.JPG
IMG_4684.JPG (48.36 KiB) Viewed 3900 times
IMG_3989.JPG
IMG_3989.JPG (37 KiB) Viewed 3900 times
IMG_5050.JPG
IMG_5050.JPG (34.22 KiB) Viewed 3900 times
IMG_4921.JPG
IMG_4921.JPG (30.62 KiB) Viewed 3900 times
IMG_4230.JPG