what did you do to your comet today?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
poboyjo65

Re: what did you do to your comet today?

Post by poboyjo65 »

DesertRat wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:52 am
Thanks John: I never joined the FB and I can't access the referral that way. Perhaps I will try something else.
Douglas
I got hold of him on fb, he has an ad now in buy sell & trade titled ''hurst shifters''
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

OL RED has been up in the air resting on the lift for a few weeks,,,saturday I let it down on all 4's and fired her up,,,went for a spin and fresh gas,,am always amazed how she just tools along in 4th gear !! smooth as silk,built this engine in about 94 ,,still holds great oil pressure and runs so cool,,I put the gear drive in early 96,,,,VC's have never been off sinch,,still no leaks anywhere,,,,and she still gets plenty of looks and draws attention and thumbs up,,starting to show some wear and tear on the paint,,but it should for the miles I've driven it in the past yrs,I hope who ever reads this gets half the wear and tear out of your comet as OL POP has gotten from OL RED...thanks POP
pop/glenda

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

popscomet wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:50 pm
,VC's have never been off sinch,,
VCs came off mine yesterday for valve adjustment. Been putting 100 miles/month on mine for last year. Forget the trailer queen paint with cats in the neighborhood :lol:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

REMINDS me back in 80 ..THIS WOMAN had her heart set on a oldsmobile cutless,,,so OL POP bought her one,,(happy wife leads to a happy and peaceful life) it was a supreme brogham,the best offered,,she loved it,,,meanwhile POP had a big dog part german shepard part Lab,,,great dog smart as a whip.....but he's most favorite place to sleep was on the hood of this OLDS,,,,she hollar scream sneak up on him with the water hose,,,,she complained over and over,even so far as saying OL SARGE has to go,I told her that OLDS will go before my dog does,,,,I finaly got her to ignore him just get in and he;ll jump off and tell him stay off the hood,,,,you know after a few times that dog stopped sleeping on the hood,,,,true story....most every time ,,if the animal is not startled into jumping off and it gets off on it;s own,,,,a scratch will not happen,,,,and it helps to have a very smart dog !! this is the same dog that would get on top of the cab of my PU and slid down the windshield and ride on the hood like a hood oranmate while I am driving along the hwy,,,,,,he would get on ,my cross mount tool box then hop up on the cab,,,,,I was known more so for being the guy that drives the blue ford PU with the black dog on the hood,,,,,OLe SARGE was one of a kind,,,,true story also,,,,,,POP
pop/glenda

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

i bought a set of race bullit mufflers.going to ditch the flowmasters.i also got a nitrous controller.im going to put them on this week.
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

tweaked

Post by tweaked »

Got the word that I will be doing some racing this year so I put the comet up on stands to get going on some upgrades and fixes.

Roger
65 comet 7.61@96mph 1/8
Made in Canada, Built for speed.
Tweaked65 on instagram

https://youtu.be/JCVwEitXSi4

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

tweaked wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:19 pm
Got the word that I will be doing some racing this year so I put the comet up on stands to get going on some upgrades and fixes.
Roger, were you guys able to attain the track you mentioned a while back?
Wish we had one locally but insurance rates down here are off the charts.

Happy wrenching

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

i love the dynomax bullit mufflers,they have a mean sounding idle and when you put your foot down,they blast out a loud beautiful high pitched racing sound.reminds me of indy cars when they are wound up.
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Here's one for the record-

Accel 14mm 'shorty' plugs are same length as Autolite.

Waste of $S for header clearance :?

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

StPro

Post by StPro »

My 65 Comet finding a new home today. I’m starting to clean my 400 square-foot garage with all my tools so I can move the car into my new 900 square-foot shop that I just finished building
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

StPro wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:38 pm
My 65 Comet finding a new home today. I’m starting to clean my 400 square-foot garage with all my tools so I can move the car into my new 900 square-foot shop that I just finished building
at first I was thinking there goes another one who always has good input,but glad it was a trick statement. How bout some pics of that bad boy! :D maybe a summary about it. we only get little tidbits about it now & then ,so tell us all about it sometime when you have time.
Johno

StPro

Post by StPro »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:49 pm
StPro wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:38 pm
at first I was thinking there goes another one who always has good input,but glad it was a trick statement. How bout some pics of that bad boy! :D maybe a summary about it. we only get little tidbits about it now & then ,so tell us all about it sometime when you have time.
I Think it’s going to take me a week to get enough stuff put away so I can actually start to move something. I have 16 large large pieces of equipment in my garage +3 gang boxes and one car. Just a goat path on each side of the car. Clean as I go maybe my only hope.
I was going to upload a picture and then remembered that I do not have Photo bucket upload pictures to anymore.
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

goat path ! :lol: lots of us are using post image for pics now .
https://postimages.org/
sounds like you have a big job ahead. but we'd love to see & hear all about it when you get done with the shopswap.
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

I understand the goat path but I guess Ive started dragging my feet too much cause I've been stumbing on stuff a lot so the path is now down to the cement, makes draggin my butt around the car easier.
Happy for ya on the Comets new digs.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Caveman49

Post by Caveman49 »

Hunh, I just download pics from my photo album on my ipad. Just hit the attachment button at the bottom of the post, go to my photos and click on the photo I want, then click on the add button. Glad it works like that for me, saves me from messing with other photo collecting sites.
Motor Safe,
Lee