what did you do to your comet today?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
poboyjo65

Re: what did you do to your comet today?

Post by poboyjo65 »

popscomet wrote:Serafina ?????? dad gum what a name,,,is it listed in the book of baby names !!!??? :? :wink:
:lol: I dont have access to that book . It's a spanish/itailian name Pop. :lol:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

poboyjo65 wrote:
popscomet wrote:Serafina ?????? dad gum what a name,,,is it listed in the book of baby names !!!??? :? :wink:
all right if you say so.POP is from America and I don't speak or understand that stuff,,,whats wrong with MAUDE,or bertha or fred or even George or something like that..... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: pop is messin wid ya,name it what ever 8) :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

popscomet wrote:
poboyjo65 wrote:
all right if you say so.POP is from America and I don't speak or understand that stuff,,,whats wrong with MAUDE,or bertha or fred or even George or something like that..... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: pop is messin wid ya,name it what ever 8) :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: pop
Well it had a spanish logo from the factory, Caliente . I already had an rv named uncle Fred & a truck named bertha. I'm saving Maude in case I ever get a 60 starliner. that was my grandmas name & she had a 60 ford. When I see those 60 tailights I see her face. George is good! :D how does serafina george sound?
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

have to admit,,,,it does have a catchy ring to it,,,,I use to call my comet bertha after one of my favorite aunts,,,,,I did no wrong in aunt bertha's eyes :wink: :lol: she was younger sister to my grd mother and as I was the 1st grd child,,,little cotton top POP never did any wrong :lol: :lol: 8) later......this thread is slippen :shock:
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

popscomet wrote:I did no wrong in aunt bertha's eyes :wink: :lol: little cotton top POP never did any wrong :lol: :lol: 8)
I think Aunt Bertha needed glasses! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

nope she had perfect eye sight,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as long as she had her glasses on :shock: :lol: ol pop was just the apple in the whole family's eye....had white hair and was as cute as a bug :wink: and never did no wrong 8) ...pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

...and then you learned to drive.... :shock: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Jims65cyclone wrote:...and then you learned to drive.... :shock: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim
and the law tore my butt up,,,.the 1st 12 mo's we were married..I got at least one ticket a mo...and that;s the gosh awful truth,,,and POP was 18 yrso when he married GLENDA,,COME APRIL will be 52 yrs,,,,,,you think we ain't hooked at the hip :!: the good lord puts someone here for everybody.....he thru his feet out when he designed us..... :wink: :) pop
pop/glenda

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

tomb22 wrote:Image

This is what I did to my comet today. I could just about cry :cry: Long story short, I was trying to load a engine hoist on to a trailer and it got away from me. I need to realize what I can and can't do as an old geezer. I'm totally bummed.
Tom
Finally got a chance to take the car to an auto body shop and get a quote. $1,600.00. Told him I wanted it fixed by June. No problem :D
Can't wait for it to be fixed.
tomb's 65

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

That was a hit! Dangit man.
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Man!,, mine sat under a tarp for a couple months when I made the same type mistake while I pouted in the corner :roll:
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Wow, Fred! I'm surprised you didn't sit under a tarp, too, while you pouted in the corner. :lol:

Jim

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Thanks guys. It's been very hard to look at. I couldn't see myself fixing it; going over how it happened every day. So I've got a very good auto body friend who is going to fix it.
tom
tomb's 65

loman

Post by loman »

Got the 390 pulled out today. I got a fresh reminder that those FE headers are a pain in the 65.

BJB

Post by BJB »

Dropped off the 2V head at the engine shop after lunch today. The head was fitted to a 7 main bearing 200 CI and I doubt the head hadn't been off for 30 years. I think the gasket is testomony to that.

Possibility that larger valves will be fitted. Head will be cleaned and crack tested so hopefully it will be good condition...as these heads are fairly rare. It will be fitted to a 250 and will wake up the old Ford.

Bruce

https://imgur.com/SZUA70R

https://imgur.com/LFKAvNw
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."