Show Schedule

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
popscomet

Re: Show Schedule

Post by popscomet »

Comechero65 wrote:
popscomet wrote: RON,,what catagory does the comechero go in ??...... :? POP
I would assume the Ranchero class since it doesn't really fit any others. Some shows have a Restomod class but not this one. So that's not a choice and even though it looks more Comet than anything, it was never built as one.
Ron
pop/glenda

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

I see; Comet Racist's at the Falcon show. 60-65 only huh? And you get to pay to display your car, woo. Sounds like a bunch of knuckle heads to me. I did find one decent looking 66 Falcon; click on the link below. I couldn't find a single good looking 67 though.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=i ... 7360391449
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

Lip Ripper wrote:I see; Comet Racist's at the Falcon show. 60-65 only huh? And you get to pay to display your car, woo. Sounds like a bunch of knuckle heads to me. I did find one decent looking 66 Falcon.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=i ... 7360391449
I suspect there is a lot that goes into planning a show. I don't know personally as I am not a part of the planning. This is after all a Falcon show which does allow the comets as well. There has to be limitations and guidelines. It isn't intended to be open for all years and all cars, primarily the Falcons and Comets.

I guess I should have kept my mouth shut and let those that enter find out for themselves what the rules are. I'll stay out of it!!!
Ron

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

You did no wrong. It is so typical for s*** like this. I get so tired of people that have no idea how to run a show do these things. Sure they want a few other cars simply because their class is next to nothing in the car world. Short of the Sprints, they are nothing more than a cheap economy car that filled a low buck void. Same for most all of the Comet's. This is why I take our cars to cruise-ins and avoid all of the BS. Hell there is a large show this weekend in Sebring. Sebring Thunder. The promoter says they want to honor the 50 years of the Mustang with Mustangs and Corvette's. WTF? I drive the Mercury black sheep brand because it is different. Who wants to see another Mustang, Corvette or any brand new car that just came off the showroom floor? Rant over and out. I think I'll go get in one of the Dune Buggy's.

SW
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

BACK in the late 90's,WIFE drove her 56 ford and I drove my comet on the MOBIL ONE ALL FORD POWER TOUR,we met up with the group in MEPHIS,TENN and wound up in BG,KENTUCKY,,,WHEN 2 of the judges walked up to my comet,I over heard one say to the other,,COMET???? who in the hell makes a comet?,,,thats when I came undone at the seams,,,will not go into details of what I said ,,,,but I didn't win anything :shock: pop
pop/glenda

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

popscomet wrote:BACK in the late 90's,WIFE drove her 56 ford and I drove my comet on the MOBIL ONE ALL FORD POWER TOUR,we met up with the group in MEPHIS,TENN and wound up in BG,KENTUCKY,,,WHEN 2 of the judges walked up to my comet,I over heard one say to the other,,COMET???? who in the hell makes a comet?,,,thats when I came undone at the seams,,,will not go into details of what I said ,,,,but I didn't win anything :shock: pop
I thought to be a judge you needed to know something about the cars. Must have been born yesterday or just didn't have an open mind. :roll:
Ron

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Comechero65 wrote:
popscomet wrote:BACK in the late 90's,WIFE drove her 56 ford and I drove my comet on the MOBIL ONE ALL FORD POWER TOUR,we met up with the group in MEPHIS,TENN and wound up in BG,KENTUCKY,,,WHEN 2 of the judges walked up to my comet,I over heard one say to the other,,COMET???? who in the hell makes a comet?,,,thats when I came undone at the seams,,,will not go into details of what I said ,,,,but I didn't win anything :shock: pop
I thought to be a judge you needed to know something about the cars. Must have been born yesterday or just didn't have an open mind. :roll:
Ron
RON,I thought along those lines also..I've been a judge before,,crome and glitter never got high points from me,I'd give more points to the workmanship ,such as how hard it was to build that set of headers or motor mounts to put a v8 in a car that was not build for one as in an old dodge coupe ,etc.A store bought chrome dress up kit never impressed me,,,very few judges know how to correctly judge a car ,at least around here.pop
pop/glenda

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Ya'll just further my point. Cruise-ins are a lot of fun; like the Comet gathering. I've got 1st place, 2nd place, best of show all with the Cyclone. I have no desire to compete for trophies. To have a fellow car owner come up and give accolades to me knowing what it takes to bring an old car back to a thing of beauty is most gratifying to me and I appreciate it deeply. It's kind of funny. If a person first asks, "did you build this" you get the feeling that they're not just a tire kicker but really appreciate the hard work we all do. Not that there is anything wrong with buying a finished product to enjoy but the guys and gals with grease under their nails have a greater appreciation for those of us that do it ourselves.

Stacey

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

I totally agree. It's not about trophies but about the involvement with others. Any body can walk into a dealers showroom and flip some plastic and drive away with something expensive and new. But it's not the same as what someone put their blood sweat and tears into building it themself. When I go to a show I walk right past all the new mustangs and corvettes and don't pay them any attention. The people in the assembly plant did all the work not the guy who owns it. Where's the pride in that????
Ron

comethead

Post by comethead »

C'mon Ron! They just put a new chrome air filter and radiator cap on the new car!!! :lol:

Years ago I finished a 66 Mustang fastback to like a street driven concours level. Not 100% correct but close.
Old boy comes up to me and looks it over and assumed (maybe because of my age...I was about 30) that I bought it that way. He says 'man must be nice to just go out and buy a car that's finished' :shock:
I was nice and said 'no sir. I built it. " Inside I was like "flock off dude!" :lol:

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

comethead wrote:C'mon Ron! They just put a new chrome air filter and radiator cap on the new car!!! :lol:

Years ago I finished a 66 Mustang fastback to like a street driven concours level. Not 100% correct but close.
Old boy comes up to me and looks it over and assumed (maybe because of my age...I was about 30) that I bought it that way. He says 'man must be nice to just go out and buy a car that's finished' :shock:
I was nice and said 'no sir. I built it. " Inside I was like "flock off dude!" :lol:

Joe
That added to what he paid for the car, or rather making payments just to say it is his.

Ya there's always going to be that one idiot who has no idea! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I bet you had to bite your tongue or resist the temptation to belt him. Things that try peoples souls!

Think this will help with some of the idiots?? Or will it still be over their heads??
R :) n

comethead

Post by comethead »

Ron that should help the dummies!
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

383MERC

Post by 383MERC »

Car cruise at Macungie Park PA on Saturday night 9/20. Mark
1963 Comet S-22 Drag Car
1964 Fairlane 2 door sedan T-Bolt Clone
2007 Shelby GT
1989 LX 5.0 Convertible

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Chumpcar 14 hour endurance race at Sebring this weekend. Car can't exceed a $500 value before $1500 worth of required safety equipment. I'll have to cruise one of the classic's up there.

6T5 404

Post by 6T5 404 »

R :) n[/quote]
comethead wrote:Ron that should help the dummies!
Ron and Joe,
Only if they can read.
Dave