I have a confession to make but it comes with a lesson

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Tristan

I have a confession to make but it comes with a lesson

Post by Tristan »

So I've been kinda absent on here for the past few months until recently. Been real busy with the new to us home and the holidays and so on. A lot of work and little projects and so on. Well during that time, my white 98 f-150 that I bought from my father-in-law finally decided it was done at 350,000 miles on that 4.6. I put over 16k on it this year and my father-in-law put almost 200k to the mile on it by time he sold it to me. I was a dang good truck. Well, I searched far and wide for a F-250 7.3 diesel because I just love them but I could find neither that was ragged out or decent in my price range. What I did find I'm sure Pop will let me hear it for hahahahaha. I found a 03 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab. Yup. I bought a Dodge, my first one ever out of roughly 35 vehicles owned. But it runs and drives and feels like a new vehicle, I just hope it can do all the F-150 could. So far so good. That's the confession.

The lesson???

Of course I joined a dodge ram forum for any question that may come up and I made a few post. No problems. But the lesson is that the forum is massive, I mean huge in comparison by members/active and so on but its no where near as active in actual conversation as this forum. Nothing like it. Most topics around here get several pages long by all of the responses and activity and so on. I remember mentioning it back when I first joined a few years ago but you get so accustomed to it that its easy to forget. Just another reason I love this forum! Everyone willing to help, chat, and have a good time. Just a reminder of why this forum and the members that make it is so great. :D :D :D :D :D :D
ImageImage

Aussiecomet64

Re: I have a confession to make but it comes with a lesson

Post by Aussiecomet64 »

Ah, Tristan. Confession is good for the soul, and there's no great shame in owning a Chrysler/Dodge product. At least it does not bear the Mark of the Devil (the Bow Tie). :evil:
I've owned 3 Valiants in my time, and I have to say, they were all good, solid, reliable cars.
One had the 225 slant 6, another had the 245 hemi 6, and the station wagon had the Fireball 318 V8. Modern Dodges are something I can't comment on, but if they have the same build quality as the old ones then I guess they're OK.
(Although I think most people here would prefer that you treat the Dodge as a stop-gap vehicle, and get yourself back into a Ford ASAP). :wink:

Good luck with it,

John.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

TRISTAN !!!
:lol: :mrgreen:
Good luck with it, I have vehicles from almost every continent in the yard so
I can't say much,,,,,,,
I hear those things are gas guzzlers though.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

albert

Post by albert »

I just sold my daily driver for 7 years.....a 2007 Dodge Magnum...I bought the car because it looks like a chopped top station wagon. Nothing else was available like that. My Magnum had a lot of German Mercedes parts in it. All cars, suv's etc. look the same today. I loved that Dodge and already miss it. Would not buy another Chrysler ever because of the FIAT (Fix It Again Tony) ownership and management. Although FORD still remains my preference, especially on classic cars.
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

albert

Post by albert »

I just sold my daily driver for 7 years.....a 2007 Dodge Magnum...I bought the car because it looks like a chopped top station wagon. Nothing else was available like that. My Magnum had a lot of German Mercedes parts in it. All cars, suv's etc. look the same today. I loved that Dodge and already miss it. Would not buy another Chrysler ever because of the FIAT (Fix It Again Tony) ownership and management. Although FORD still remains my preference, especially on classic cars.
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Tristan;you know I give people crap about not buying FoMoCo but in reality Dodge/Ram trucks are solid! I put 365,000 on a 318 Dodge 1/2 ton van before I rebuilt the engine,put about 65,000 on it before I sold it to buy a new Ford E150 Van!A friend had a 90s Dodge 1/2 Ton 4X4,318,ran it for over 200,000,only reason she sold it is because she wanted something newer and smaller,she bought a 2005 Grand Cherokee with the 4.7 Litre V-8,been awesome,trouble free since she pickted it up!You can have trouble with ANY brand,American,or import,or you can get a good vehicle! I only have bought three new cars,one import,two Ford products,all three were problematic,I never buy new since 1982 [hey,that rymes]!!! JMO , ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

BJB

Post by BJB »

If it is a good product, suits your needs and it keeps your fellow citizens in a job, then it doesn't matter what stable it was spawned from.
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

Aussiecomet64

Post by Aussiecomet64 »

BJB wrote:If it is a good product, suits your needs and it keeps your fellow citizens in a job, then it doesn't matter what stable it was spawned from.
Yes it bloody well does!

Bruce, haven't you witnessed for yourself the Idiot In A Commodore syndrome? :shock:

BJB

Post by BJB »

It isn't the car, it's always the nut behind the wheel. When I was a kid all young boys desired were '64 EH Holdens. EH .... VH .... ?? all the same.

Plenty of hoons drive Fords too.

Anyway....... :mrgreen:
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

caseville cyclone

Post by caseville cyclone »

TRISTAN A DODGE? You better go to confession,but the penance you will get will be huge! I suggest you better pack a lunch you will be in church a long time!! HA HA HA, that Dodge will work fine for you!!! JMO.....Andy P.S. You'll never get crap like this on a Dodge Forum!!!

Tbart

Post by Tbart »

Tristan, didn't you have a little trouble showing a Dodge pickup who was boss on the street with your Comet not long ago? That guy must have made QUITE an impression! Good luck with your ride.

383MERC

Post by 383MERC »

I searched high and low for my super duty with the 7.3. Took me 6 months to finally pull the trigger on a 2002 with 64K on it. A real beauty, but i paid out the rear for it. Mark
1963 Comet S-22 Drag Car
1964 Fairlane 2 door sedan T-Bolt Clone
2007 Shelby GT
1989 LX 5.0 Convertible

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

SON,a man has to do what a man has to do !! My buddy has a 99 3/4 ton dodge with a real cummings under the hood he bought brand new,,this thing has and still does haul loads like a locomotive,and just last mo he finaly had to have the AT rebuilt,but on the other hand his son bought new a 4whl drive 6 speed some where around the year your's is,,the only thing he hasn't rebuilt is the rearview mirror,,GOOD LUCK,you just never know,how one is going to perform and last,makes no never you mind what brand it is,,,your saving grace is you still have your comet...POP
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

Pop beat me to it. Work trucks a work truck.
Dodge smodge...let's see another pic of your Comet son!!! :D

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

ChaosINC75

Post by ChaosINC75 »

Tristan!! you've went to the dark side with that "D" word lol this requires 10 hail Mary's and all shall be forgiven lol I admit that theres a couple "off colored" vehicles in my drive way as well :oops: