Wilwood M/C/Residual Pressure Valves

The Big Comets
masonjarz

Wilwood M/C/Residual Pressure Valves

Post by masonjarz »

Will a Wilwood 260-12900 Mustang disc/drum 7/8 bore master fit a 1967 Caliente (originally a 289 V8)? It has a SSBC front disc conversion kit.
https://www.wilwood.com/MasterCylinders ... =260-12900
Also, with a firewall mounted MC (ie higher than wheel cylinders) does anyone use residual pressure valves (especially on the rear drum circuit)?

Thanks
Last edited by masonjarz on Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lavron
Site Admin

Re: Wilwood M/C/Residual Pressure Valves

Post by lavron »

I want to answer this but I know I will mis-inform everyone. We had a little discussion on this not to long ago and I went out and did some research but only went as far as it concerned me :roll:

So, if I understand it correctly, you don't residual valves if your master is at the top of the system and it matches what is on the wheels, ie. if it is a disc/drum master you don't need them if that is what is on your car, if you use a disc/disc master and have drums on the rear you need the residual on the drums (rear), ok that is as far as I am going to go and it probably didn't help you one bit.

Feel free to correct me guys.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

comethead

Post by comethead »

You’ll need a 10psi RPV to the rear drums.
Ford built it into some master cylinders in the 60s then started adding combo valves to the circuit with proportioning and RPV and sometimes a pressure switch. That made some master cylinders come without a built in RPV.
Check with Wilwood- maybe that master has one built in. If not- run one in the rear drum circuit.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

masonjarz

Post by masonjarz »

Thanks Mike and Joe