hardtop differences

The Big Comets
scarelane

hardtop differences

Post by scarelane »

i understand that a sedan/post is shorter than a hardtop by 6". . .anyone know where it's shorter. ? Im wondering because i just bought a sedan (havent picked it up) parts car and i want to use the fenders/1 door skin on my cyclone GT and want to make sure they're not shorter. It looks like maybe the trunk/tail section is shorter. . ?
64 Fairlane-460, C6, A/FX clone
62 Galaxie-sled, 223, 3 on tree
70 F100-SWB, 428, C6, retired daily driver
67 Cyclone. . . . .just returned to civilization from abandonment in the woods behind a farm

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Re: hardtop differences

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Scarelane;Fairlane fenders and doors are totally different than Comets.A good friend has a Cyclone and a Fairlane in his collection and the bodies are a lot different. ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

scarelane

Re: hardtop differences

Post by scarelane »

I should have clarified. . I bought a 202 2dr sedan for a parts car on my cyclone. i got it home last night. . door skins are identical, fenders are identical, rear quarters are identical except 7.5" shorter between the wheelwell and the rear bumper, trunk lid is shorter as well.

Also BTW, if anyone wants anything off of the 202 let me know and i'll see if i have it.

1967 202, 200 I-6, 3 speed, 7.5" rearend, glass is all busted, interior is rough, most sheet metal is perfect (im using the lower rear quarters and the drivers door skin and fender, all else up for grabs. .)
64 Fairlane-460, C6, A/FX clone
62 Galaxie-sled, 223, 3 on tree
70 F100-SWB, 428, C6, retired daily driver
67 Cyclone. . . . .just returned to civilization from abandonment in the woods behind a farm