will torino body panels fit a 69 comet?

The Big Comets
darksider

will torino body panels fit a 69 comet?

Post by darksider »

like the title says Im wondering if the front clip from a 69 torino will fit a 69 comet ht. I am having a very hard time finding the panels i need for my merc. im also wondering if mustang ii suspension parts fit my car or not. Ive heard both ways. thanks for the help guys.

SASSY

Re: will torino body panels fit a 69 comet?

Post by SASSY »

Don't know about the panels
the M2 front doesn't fit without a welder, cutting torch and
swearing :shock: But if you have those 3 the M2 goes under about anything :lol:
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

darksider

Post by darksider »

Is there anything suspension wise that bolts or drops in? ive heard some mustang parts and things from others but im not sure and I dont have the money to trial and error things ya know? i know theres a fatman ifs ive been looking at. i really want to get this thing back where i think it should be instead of being all jacked up and turned " gangster". thanks for the help.

69comet514

Post by 69comet514 »

i have a 69 comet also. it had drum brakes up frony which i converted to disc using 69/70 torino parts. I still have the original 69 comet stuff laying around if you just wanna go back to stock. for the rear springs i would measure the leafs from eye whole to eye whole. Then give dearborn classics or someone like that a call. as far as torino parts fitting the side marker light placement is al wrong look for 68/69 cyclone parts. same car up front the comet just doesnt have the fastback of a cyclone.

darksider

Post by darksider »

what parts did you end up using from the torino? I would love to do that to mine, as far as the disc brakes go. as far as the side markers I was thinking of shaving them anyway so the marker placement wouldnt matter. do you have a link to pics of your car? I havnt been able to find many pics of our cars. thanks

69comet514

Post by 69comet514 »

my dad has a 70 torino and a good friend of ours has a "junk yard" with old mustangs and torinos in it even some cyclones. I was able to get the spindles from a 69 cyclone then bought all the rest from a parts place. the rotors and calapers and pads hoses all came from a parts store. ill see if I can find my pics of the front. I changed the rear to a 9 in. with disc I know i have pics of that i think i have some of the front too. ill check.

69comet514

Post by 69comet514 »

i just looked i do have a pic of the front brakes bujt it is from behind and the wheel is on so its not very good but if you want it i can email you some of the pics i have

69comet514

Post by 69comet514 »

if you go to my phototbucket account. look for 69comet. look on pages 3 and 4 there are some pics of my comet and the brakes. there are also pics of it on this forum somewhere. you are correct they are fairly rare. most were cyclones or montigoes. i did a marti report on mine and pound out it is a true 1 0f 1 car built just like mine.

darksider

Post by darksider »

sweet thanks bro do you have a link to your photo bucket? i tried searching and came up empty. dumb question though, whats a marti report?

NoNolva

priligy uk

Post by NoNolva »

Common use - Dapoxetine belongs to a class of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). This short-acting inhibitor is used to treat premature ejaculation in men.
I am ready to accept the situation that customer support sometimes can be dull when I want to trace my order plus priligy uk
I take buy generic priligy pill and it works as expected but after sexual intercourse I sometimes feel muscle pain in the back and fatigue. I do not know if this is because I work like a stud or it is a side effect. Anyway I am lucky that I gave it a try.
Last edited by NoNolva on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

69comet514

Post by 69comet514 »

Kevin Marti has all of Ford and Mercury old build records from back in the day so he can research your car using only the VIN number and give you a breakdown of how many was built what color yours should be even the engine and transmission. what options came on your car originallyall the way to the original tires. there are different levels of the report. I got just the basic one but my dad has gotten an elite report and it even comes with a copy of the original window sticker.

http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r30/69Comet/

this is what was in the top bar when I went to my photobucket account. hope it helps if not message me ur emailaddress and ill just email you some pics.

darksider

Post by darksider »

what rear suspension set up do you have on the rear of your car? is it a kit or a custom set up? I am really digging your all around set up on your car its sick.

69comet514

Post by 69comet514 »

dad just happen to have an old leaf link setup for a nine in. ford just laying around collecting dust. the leaf springs are stock the bars are from a kit i found in jegs. cant remember the company off hand (competition enginerring i think). the rear disc brakes are from a 95 lincoln town car. I had to do a small bit of machining to the caliper bracket where it meets the axle tube but other then that it was just a bolt on. running 4:30 gears with a detroit locker. kept the front shock towers didnt wanna do all the cutting and welding for a mustang suspention. plus ive seen alot of guys cut out the shock towers. I still got a 514 to fit in between the towers.