67 comet

The Big Comets
tomahawkcomet

67 comet

Post by tomahawkcomet »

how similar are the fairlanes and comets underneath? the exhaust options are crappy on ebay compared to a fairlanes, i already have long tube headers now im just lookin for header back, and if you look under 67 fairlane kits, they look pretty close, any insight guys? if not im gonna order a fairlane kit and just see what its gonna take to make it work for the 67 comet
67 caliente

B_Hix

Re: 67 comet

Post by B_Hix »

Not sure what the kits run that you are looking at, but my local muffler guy came off my headers about 1.5 feet, put the glass packs I provided in and ran anout 1.5' of exaust off the packs - think I paid him 180.00. Might just find you a good muffler shop and get a quote or two - most can get any exhaust you want. I would imagine a nicely done flowmaster system wouldn't be more than maybe 300.00 or so?
67 Comet
No power steering, 4-wheel drum brakes, 5 gears 'n' 400 + horsepower...
...hell yea it's fun

tomahawkcomet

Re: 67 comet

Post by tomahawkcomet »

that was my first thought, but i live were not so many places offer the service the ones that do charge up the :evil: , so that being said i found a flowmaster super 44 kit that looks like it comes off the headers even with the H pipe for around 500, and for what quotes i got that makes it under around 300 bucks, plus i have my own lift, wire feed welder, and the means to do so, just kinda wanted to know how close it was gonna be, firgured the were pretty much same but different trims looks ect..they cant be that different from a mustang id even guess, o well time will tell :mrgreen:
67 caliente