Value of a 1967 Comet Capri

The Big Comets
popscomet

Re: Value of a 1967 Comet Capri

Post by popscomet »

B_Hix wrote:Jedeka it comes down to what it's worth to you! If you want to be like everyone else buy a mustang or a 64/65 comet. If you want to stand out go for the 66/67 Comet. :mrgreen: ( that outta work 'em
up a bit)
just kidding fellas! :mrgreen:
BRAD,that don't work POP up a bit,I care less then anyone what year of comet you drive or own or build,MY 64 has but 1 purpose in life,and that is to please me and it has for around the last 20years.I don't think anything I own build or have ever built is better then anyone else.AND I've built a bunch and I still own a bunch,what ever it is ,to me it's only worth what I can get someone to pay for it.My thing is,guys think if its old,that makes it rare right from the git-go,I don't see them that way.ENTER your comet in a BIG BIG car show,and see how it fairs,not the little show on wal-mart's parking lot,put it up tobe judged by particpants or peoples choice,you'll find out fast just how your comet will stack up.MINE won't stack any higher then yours,so don't you or anyone else take what I said the wrong way.MY comet has made many trips to the grocery store ,and I don't recall ever seeing another 64,but in all honesty I don't recall seeing a 67 either.IT's all in the personal eye,or I think my kid is smarter then yours,stuff like that,Every time you drive your 67,think to yourself all you want to that your driving a rare highly sought after comet,POP don't think that,instead I think..damn I like this comet,I'm so glad I built it the way it is. you have a good day,tomorrow,ya hear?.......POP
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

My 65 is Rare . like a steak; not done . :roll:
Johno

B_Hix

Post by B_Hix »

My car ain't no show queen and I give two hoots what anyone else thinks about it or me lol. I don't enter the car for judging for that reason alone - I don't care what others think - it's mine and it makes me happpy. Let the boys with 15k paint jobs and no kids to spend money on have the trophies. All they are is spending awards!

I made a simple statement that not many were produced and not many are left. I said that a car that only 14k were made of 45 years ago don't make it common - feel free to disagree but the numbers are against you, lol. Now if they aint common and they are oh, say 2000 of 247 million, well then they are A: common....B: Rare Only one answer please ;)

No where did I say 'highly sought after or valuable' - 'em are your words. To the OP... Find another one to compare the price to. To pops - jump on ebay motors and tell me how many are for sale right now - since they are common shouldn't be a problem :mrgreen: . Have a good day too.
67 Comet
No power steering, 4-wheel drum brakes, 5 gears 'n' 400 + horsepower...
...hell yea it's fun

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

B_Hix wrote:My car ain't no show queen and I give two hoots what anyone else thinks about it or me lol. I don't enter the car for judging for that reason alone - I don't care what others think - it's mine and it makes me happpy. Let the boys with 15k paint jobs and no kids to spend money on have the trophies. All they are is spending awards!

I made a simple statement that not many were produced and not many are left. I said that a car that only 14k were made of 45 years ago don't make it common - feel free to disagree but the numbers are against you, lol. Now if they aint common and they are oh, say 2000 of 247 million, well then they are A: common....B: Rare Only one answer please ;)

No where did I say 'highly sought after or valuable' - 'em are your words. To the OP... Find another one to compare the price to. To pops - jump on ebay motors and tell me how many are for sale right now - since they are common shouldn't be a problem :mrgreen: . Have a good day too.
LIKE, I said,I COULD CARE LESS.......but i still want you to have a nice day ! pop
pop/glenda

Ojohnny

Post by Ojohnny »

You could check it on http://www.hagerty.com/valuationtools I think they shoot pretty high though. I don't think I could get 1/2 of what they say mine is worth. I can't see parting with her either so doesn't matter to me what she's worth.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

AFTER all of the above info,,,does a low vin number add to any value of a car,? or is it just a selling point that might impress the buyer!?
pop/glenda

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.