Anyone add A/C to their Comet?

The Big Comets
Jedeka

Anyone add A/C to their Comet?

Post by Jedeka »

I am trying yo plan out my long term goals for my 67 Comet. I want to add A/C and wondering if I can find OEM setup or if there is an aftermarket kit that looks and works well. Thanks.

Lip Ripper

Re: Anyone add A/C to their Comet?

Post by Lip Ripper »

I found the air deflectors from a factory AC car. I removed the heater box and purchased a complete new unit from Vintage Air and hung it under the dash, plumbing it into the factory deflectors/defrosters. The other thing needed from the AC car was the blower switch because it powers up the compressor. My car has power steering and their bracket kit uses the power steering belt to power the compressor along with the ps pump. This is not a direct fit kit and it took a lot of work. You can hang one of their knee knocker kits a lot easier. I just wanted (the factory look). In retrospect it wasn't worth it for me having a drop top. I find that down here in the summer I prefer the top up, crotch coolers open and the back window unzipped.

Stacey
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.