headlamp bucket

The Big Comets
Baldy

headlamp bucket

Post by Baldy »

The lower RH headlamp bucket on my 66 broke it's little ear off, the one that locks the lamp ring. Its kinda like a spring clip. When it broke it deposited the locking ring somewhere along a Tennessee back road. I ain't finding any of it online or I ain't looking in the right place. I am finding a bunch of C5 part numbers on the car and just blew the radio inspection tag out from under the dash, dated 1-66. The VIN shows it to be a 26 body code, yeah I know Caliente, yet #1 I know the car and #2, from all I've read that at the very first and the very last of production this was done. Now, since I done rattled on, what darn other buckets will fit or can you find just the spring clip?

Baldy

Baldy

Re: headlamp bucket

Post by Baldy »

Thanks for all the help guys

Baldy

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

It's possible a 69 mustang Mach may use similar parts for the outside headlight bucket. Have enver verified that, just a possibiolity.
Ron

Baldy

Post by Baldy »

Thanks Ron. I looked this morning and it appears that they use the spring and two screws to hold the lamp retaining ring also. Mine uses the spring and one flat clip that snaps thru the ring to hold the lamp. I'll try to get a picture of it today, if that will help.

Eric

dcducks1

Post by dcducks1 »

Eric,
Look on eBay or try searching Ford Fairlane parts to find what you need. Many of these parts are the same between Comets, Fairlanes, Falcons, Torinos, etc.

Dave