Total Control coil over suspension?

Unusual and Unique Performance Mods
Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Total Control coil over suspension?

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

I have a chance to buy the complete Total control front suspension for cheap. A guy bought it for his 65 Mustang and then decided to put a Mustang II suspension in. I was wondering how good it is and if it would be good in a drag car. The guy has upper and lower control arms, the coil over conversion with 450lb springs and the strut rods. I was not going to go this route but sometimes a deal is too good to pass up. Any input would be appreciated. The stuff has never even been mounted and he wants less than half retail price.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Re: Total Control coil over suspension?

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Larry;I know a lot of guys running T C stuff,never heard a negative comment!! It seems to be well made and will give you more alignment possibilities and is stronger than stock and lighter. ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE wrote:Larry;I know a lot of guys running T C stuff,never heard a negative comment!! It seems to be well made and will give you more alignment possibilities and is stronger than stock and lighter. ROY.
Thanks Roy, do you think the coil over set up is good for a drag car?
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

I don't know why it would not work,especially if you can get a drag type shock,90-10 or adjustable. ROY.

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

OK Roy, thanks. I am probably going to buy it next weekend. If I don't like it I could always put it on my 66 Mustang that still has the original control arms on it.
Larry

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Larry;it would work great on the Mustang too,as the coilovers are probably more road race spec than drag race!! ROY.