Disc Brake Conversion 64 Comet

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
rhtopdown

Disc Brake Conversion 64 Comet

Post by rhtopdown »

what is the best disc brake kit and is there a power booster that will fit buy the shock tower brace on my 64 Comet

SASSY

Re: Disc Brake Conversion 64 Comet

Post by SASSY »

I think most people are using one version or another of the early Shelby Mustang 4 piston caliper setup.
That's what I have and very happy with them.
Couldn't tell you about boosters don't need one .
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

CSRP is the kit I used,Kelsey hayes type 4 piston calipers like Fred said. they also have a kit with a booster I think. though you dont need a booster. great brakes with out a booster! I think chockostang make a similar kit
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Baraka69 wrote:I ordered brakes from a guy named Chocko for my Torino and the guy refused to sell me the porportoining valves for the power brakes because he felt I didn't need powere brakes. I put it all together and he was right. Manual stops them just fine. I was shocked, but it aqctually saved me approx. $300 not getting power.
SO TRUE !!! WIFE'S 56 FORD has disc/drum since 1995 no booster,,she never has had a problem and it's been driven many miles,,we've never touched those brakes,,,stops just fine....the booster don't make it stop any better...just less foot effort....but it is cool to say you have power brakes :lol: :shock: 8) pop.....and my comet came with pwr drum,,I took the booster off nearly 25 yrs ago...
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

PB's to me seem to have a very very slight delay,,, then grab slightly hard,like slightly harder than you mean to,,then you get the feel. with manual you get the feel immediately ,& know how hard to push for the circumstances. usually only notice it when I go from driving one vehicle to the other then quickly get use to ea .
Johno