Front disc brake conversion

All the stuff under the car, Transmission, Brakes, Suspension & Steering
jtgb428

Front disc brake conversion

Post by jtgb428 »

Hey guys, Jim here. Well it's been a few years since I've been on the forum. Kids getting married, kids in college and my 65 comet with a 289 has been on the back burner for almost 15 years. Got it out about a year ago and got it up and running good. I took it up and down the road a couple of times and it stops pretty good for drum brakes. The engine and auto transmission are slightly modified and I believe I need a little more stopping power. Like most people I'm on a budget and my question is I would like to convert to front disc brakes, I don't mind buying new and that's the plan. What is my least expensive route for this conversion that will do the job. I can't get into big dollar stopping power at this time but I do want to buy new parts. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks, Jim..

poboyjo65

Re: Front disc brake conversion

Post by poboyjo65 »

lots of us use CSRP . the ''swap 1'' is manual brakes,& the cheapest most complete kit. Has every thing but the hardlines & fluid. even has grease & thread locker.
http://www.discbrakeswap.com/Mustang%20 ... SWAP1.html
Btw unless you have a bum leg the manual brakes are plenty easy to push.
Johno

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

My Dad just put this kit on his 65 cyclone. It was very easy to install.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-1965-1966 ... f74663cffd
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

jtgb428

Post by jtgb428 »

Much help...thanks guys...