Wanted: 1965 Comet Convertible Quarter panels and more

If you need something, post it here
50chevy

Wanted: 1965 Comet Convertible Quarter panels and more

Post by 50chevy »

I am assisting a friend restore a 1965 Mercury Comet convertible that has extensive rust, old poor-quality metal repairs, and accident damage to the rear half of the car. I am looking for nearly all the back half of the car or possibly even purchasing a donor car. Specifically needed are both left and right rear quarter panels, deck filler panel, and taillight panel. Most of these items are 1965 convertible specific. I will sandblast the parts so minor surface rust is not an issue, but large rust holes or significant dents are issues that I am not interested in dealing with. Even if you have only one of the parts listed, I am interested. I may have a stock hood available for trade or sale, and it appears to be very straight and no appearance of rust. The front half of the car is in nice condition. The owner is considering an aftermarket fiberglass scoop-snorkel hood. Please send me a message if you have any parts or could offer guidance on someone to contact. I have been looking online for months without any success. Thanks!

50chevy

Re: Wanted: 1965 Comet Convertible Quarter panels and more

Post by 50chevy »

UPDATE: Please Comet enthusiasts, any suggestions or leads on where to find an individual part listed above or a parts car would be truly appreciated. The car has now been sitting for two years since blast and primer as no rear sheet metal items have been able to be located. The owner does not desire to find a different car as this one has been in the family for 35+ years.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

What is your location? someone close to you may be reluctant to ship ,or even speak up until he knows where you are. but if he is close by he might speak up! :)
Johno

50chevy

Post by 50chevy »

I am near San Antonio, Texas but willing to go pretty far with a trailer.

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I only saw a full-size Mercury convertible on this site, but they may be able to give you some leads. Good luck.

Jim

https://www.dvap.com/