Parts I would like to find-----

If you need something, post it here
DesertRat

Parts I would like to find-----

Post by DesertRat »

I need the lower door SS channel for a 65 2D hardtop. I could use any Comet dash parts available out there including gauge cluster, radio bezel, Glovebox trim and heater control bezel with sliders and switch. My front interior glass trim has been painted over by the PO and I would like to replace the entire thing from pillar covers and headliner trimmer either take-off or aftermarket if available. Any help pointing me in the right direction will be much appreciated.
Oz never gave nothing to the tin man that he didn't-didn't already have-Image

poboyjo65

Re: Parts I would like to find-----

Post by poboyjo65 »

for your cyclone I think it is just about like the top trim & isn't stainless if it is like my top piece on calientes. but there is a new aftermarket piece that is SS.
here is some;
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-1960-1965- ... Swp7FaX3RI
or if you just need one;
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Falcon-lo ... XQnYJQ~uaj

I have some spare parts I'll look thru today,I may have the heater cables/controls & some dash parts.
Johno

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

How good of a heater control and cables do you need, I have the controller at least (possibly cables) but they aren't show-car quality.

I will take a picture tomorrow if I remember.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

I don't need show quality, I would appreciate a photo as yours is probably better than mine. I'm interested!

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I looked at my dash pieces,they're pitted pretty bad ,you can find better I think. You can get a re popped bezel for the heater controls cheap because it is same as a stang,;
https://www.ebay.com/itm/65-66-Mustang- ... Swu4BVpq5D
Johno

DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

Thanks for the links guys I am still figuring out what will cross between the mustang/comet/Fairlane platforms after 6 years of build my 67 Barracuda coupe. I gave all my research and receipts of my 65 404 2D post car to the buyer because really----what are the odds of finding a 65 Comet Cyclone factory 4 speed A-code car? even if you want one :D :D

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

lavron wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 5:31 pm
Well I didn't remember until today When I was moving something I saw it lying there so I took some pictures for you.

Like I said, I might have a set of cables, there is a set in the parts car but not sure how good they are, or I could take the ones out of my car, I am going to switch over everything to run one of the behind the dash AC systems and they don't use the cables.

Sorry it took so long to get these posted. :oops:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

lavron wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:34 am
lavron wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 5:31 pm
Well I didn't remember until today When I was moving something I saw it lying there so I took some pictures for you.

Like I said, I might have a set of cables, there is a set in the parts car but not sure how good they are, or I could take the ones out of my car, I am going to switch over everything to run one of the behind the dash AC systems and they don't use the cables.

Sorry it took so long to get these posted. :oops:

See Ya,
Mike
Thanks Mike: I appreciate the effort. I have been Eckler's industries best customer for the last two weeks. I will PM you if I need the mechanism. I bought repop parts less mechanism for it. I have been coming over and checking the site a lot. I would like to start my build thread with photos but I have been too busy on the car demolition to learn the photo posting protocol for the site. I have removed and stripped the interior saving the factory bucket frames and rails for new upholstery. The rear seats are stripped and ready as well. I have removed all the badging and tailpanel and lights and I will start removing the SS glass trim next. I have been beadblasting small parts and will be setting up my outdoor spraybooth soon for some parts painting. All glass and gaskets our is the next step. Then doors off and hinge rebuilding. I have parts coming in daily and parts coming off the car daily so I need to optimize my storage as I am running out of horizontal space. I can still start the car and I will run it intermittently until I remove the dash cluster for renovation. Time permitting I will learn the photo thing and start my thread. I know there is talent out there that can offer good advice and I am lookin forward to it.------------------------------DesertRat out-------------------------------

DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

Can anyone help with where to find the taillight housing gaskets that go between the body and the housing? I am striking out------

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Yea but you probably dont want them because of the outrageous price. but here they are;
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Comet-and ... SwrQ5cKgwD
you could get some thin foam made to weatherize doors & windows for just a few bucks.
Johno

DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 11:38 am
Yea but you probably dont want them because of the outrageous price. but here they are;
you could get some thin foam made to weatherize doors & windows for just a few bucks.
Thanks for the quick response. I have to admit I am tempted to buy them, these cars have so much unobtanium-----------
I have usable housings, usable inner lenses with no usable chrome bars and no usable outer lenses but usable outer chrome bars----------
This car is not as pristine as the 65 404 post car I did:-(

DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

DesertRat wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 11:47 am
poboyjo65 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 11:38 am
Thanks for the quick response. I have to admit I am tempted to buy them, these cars have so much unobtanium-----------
I have usable housings, usable inner lenses with no usable chrome bars and no usable outer lenses but usable outer chrome bars----------
This car is not as pristine as the 65 404 post car I did:-(
Hi all I'm still looking for the lower door panel channels. Also I would like to find the rear trimmers for a vinyl top for my 1965 Comet Cyclone. I'm thinking about putting a vinyl top on it when I repaint the car. I know they didn't make many of them and the trim will have to come from a donor car.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

a guy on FB had a set of the vinyl trim , the ad is still up,not sure if it sold or not. 500 bucks & has a bubble in the chrome.you may have to join to see it.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1964.19 ... 7881116077

he also had a set for 64s ,which is slightly different.
Johno

DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:45 am
a guy on FB had a set of the vinyl trim , the ad is still up,not sure if it sold or not. 500 bucks & has a bubble in the chrome.you may have to join to see it.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1964.19 ... 7881116077

he also had a set for 64s ,which is slightly different.
Thanks for the info. I don't Facebook so that's out. The trimmers should be all stainless and unable to bubble. I have managed to remove all the the pristine SS trim from my cyclone without damage. Door and door glass removal is next up on the list.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

the 2 center pieces are stainless but the 2 side pieces are chromed pot metal & WILL bubble if rechromed poorly. They are super hard to find & 64 was slightly different. I might could get his ph number if you want it.
this is one of his pics;
Johno