1964 Cyclone drip rail trim

Links to Comet Related Resources
860far

1964 Cyclone drip rail trim

Post by 860far »

When installing the drip rail trim on a 64 cyclone, does the rear edge of that trim go tight against the trim piece at the base of the roof pillar or is there supposed to be a gap between them? I've seen it both ways. Thanks for your help.

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Re: 1964 Cyclone drip rail trim

Post by A/FX »

860far wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:39 pm
When installing the drip rail trim on a 64 cyclone, does the rear edge of that trim go tight against the trim piece at the base of the roof pillar or is there supposed to be a gap between them? I've seen it both ways. Thanks for your help.
Photos would be helpful but I will try to answer your question.
There were two types of roof rail trim that were used on ‘64 Cyclones, the attached photo shows one of the styles. It has a small “spear” mounted horizontally at the base of the “C” pillar, if this is the type you have note how the rail trim is fitted to the spear.
If you have a car that does not have the spears the roof rail trim is longer and fits closer to the lower part of the roof. (The spear style has a shorter roof rail trim)
From what I remember the spear was added to the later model year cars to hide the cracks that developed in the body seam where the factory lead was applied.
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”