Pics 2015 Comet Gathering Pigeon Forge

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
albert

Re: Pics 2015 Comet Gathering Pigeon Forge

Post by albert »

Like all those pics, thanks for sharing, surprised so many younger looking people, thought all Comet owners were old like me!
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

albert wrote:Like all those pics, thanks for sharing, surprised so many younger looking people, thought all Comet owners were old like me!
ALBERT,your just as old as you feel........If you ever was to come to a gathering,it'd take 23 and a third years off the way you feel right now,trust me,for Ol POP would rather climb a tall tree then tell a lie :shock: :lol: ....POP
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE wrote:It looks like there is still a few COMETS needed to beat out KNOTTS BERRY FARM from a few years ago!!! Nice turnout of COMETS,looked like 63,64,65 and 66s,COOL!!
ROY.
How many years ago was that?,ROY...we gettin better every year.....by the way,folks,a coworker of my son's came thru PF over the week end and saw all the comets,(he don't know a comet from a buick),monday morning at work he told my son ,,man we passed a car show and all the cars looked almost alike,damn near the same body style :? ,,,DWAYNE gave him some education :lol: pop
pop/glenda

Baldy

Post by Baldy »

We'll tie a Knott in their Berry next year, won't we fellas?

Baldy

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Baldy ,my under standing is they only had 2--3 more than we had so like you said the knot is being looped as we speak .so next year should be the year if everyone shows like they say SO C 2 P/F 2016 for the fun JL

Baldy

Post by Baldy »

JL, Ronnie and I think we can round up a couple of more for next year from here.

Baldy

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

There is one other comet near me,about 20 miles north. I talked to him at a car show recently, tried to get him on the forum & to come to PF. If I see him again I'll go over his head & talk to his wife. :lol: his is a 66 cyclone gt. next year will be its 50th anniversary so maybe I'll use that as a tool to get them to come. hopefully Lipripper will make it also, with Baldys that would be 3 red 66 GTs !
Johno

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

I'll do it. Got my new radiator in yesterday. My car was down for 34 day's. That hasn't happened since she was reborn in 2009.
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Lip Ripper wrote:I'll do it. Got my new radiator in yesterday. My car was down for 34 day's. That hasn't happened since she was reborn in 2009.
Why didn't you use one of those HOT ROD dune buggy"s to haul it to PF ? :lol: :lol: :lol: it could have sat on display and never got hot :!: :shock: pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

IS there anyway for 2016,that those who did not show up for 2015 can make it to the gathering? I'm not going to repeat what has already been said about you missing a great week end....just start RIGHT now on making plans....get a new wife ,get a new OLD MAN,,put your teenager up for adoption ot adopt you a new kid,we flat ass don't care....just come with or without your comet..the comets are the Queens of the show but they are not the STARS,,it's the owners...this is such a laid back deal....you come and do as you please..drive your comet or hang out at the tent...I cannot express on the subject of having fun ,in the most simpler way.....POP ain't squat,,CORKY and DAVE are the 2 people that everyone owes it to themselves to met.....am not gonna HARP on this subject anymore.....but we had way to much fun for us not wanting to share it,we are such good friends on this forum to have never met in person for the most,that it comes a certain time in life that it's time to do something kind for yourself...that time is right NOW...you have 1 year...be good to yourself and show up in 2016,,,,,,IF I can think...and refrain my self,you'll not hear a nother word on the subject,,,thank you and be good to each other and may the good LORD take a likeing to you .......pop/and as always,GLENDA this gathering is the best place to bring a woman,for she is treated with so much respect..........and after 48 plus years,GLENDA has followed me to some rough ass joints.....thanks ......
pop/glenda

ylw202

Post by ylw202 »

My son and I had a great time at the gathering , most comet we have seen in one place. Plan on being there next year. Great bunch of Comet fans !

Baldy

Post by Baldy »

Now I just can't believe POP ain't gonna say anything else :D . It was a great family atmosphere under the tent. Maverick was absorbing Comet knowledge like a sponge, POP was ribbing everyone, hell I kept waiting for someone to bring out a bushel or two of butterbeans to shell. If there had been an Otis type drunk(or two) , I would have thought I was at a family reunion. Tell 'em JL, HYATNY PF2016

Baldy

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Badly that would have been me. but I just couldnt make it . but I'll be there next year in typical Otis fashion :D :lol: !
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Baldy wrote:Now I just can't believe POP ain't gonna say anything else :D . It was a great family atmosphere under the tent. Maverick was absorbing Comet knowledge like a sponge, POP was ribbing everyone, hell I kept waiting for someone to bring out a bushel or two of butterbeans to shell. If there had been an Otis type drunk(or two) , I would have thought I was at a family reunion. Tell 'em JL, HYATNY PF2016

Baldy
:D 8) OK OK OK ....I'll say one more thing....I'd bet a nickle against a dough-nut hole that the KNOTTS BERRY FARM thing wasn't as COOL and laid back and the atmosphere wasn't any better or as good as PF,,,down here we know how to get it ON ! :roll: :lol: :lol: thats the last thing am gonna say on the matter( or maybe not :shock: :wink: ) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ((still trying to get caught up on my yard work,and it's raining off and on....pop
pop/glenda

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

We have way better stuff to drink to, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!