Comet Gathering 2016

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
popscomet

Re: Comet Gathering 2016

Post by popscomet »

who WANTS IT MOVED??? IT'S A ALL DAY PULL FOR us,but it don't matter..it is what it is !! a person has the choice of moving to or closer to PF...that's the way POP sees it.......there may be a time when age or health will prevent POP from bringing my comet behind my truck on a trailer..when and if that time ever gets here...I'll still show up,,,but with a lot of pictures of the ol ride red and a bushel basket full of memories to share :D :D :D POP and GLENDA have grown kids and grd sons not to mention a son in law that will jump thru a hula hoop to make sure we get there,with or without the comet,,,bringin the comet will be left entirely up to me......but if age or health is a question...we have a back up plan !! :) :) :wink: :!: :!:
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:there may be a time when age or health will prevent POP from bringing my comet behind my truck on a trailer
If that happens Pop I will stop by on my way and pull her for you, well unless I am driving my Comet :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

lavron wrote:
popscomet wrote:there may be a time when age or health will prevent POP from bringing my comet behind my truck on a trailer
If that happens Pop I will stop by on my way and pull her for you, well unless I am driving my Comet :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
THANK you very much !! to be very honest,,,,MY son every year ask the same question,,,,why don't you just drive it!!???....as many states as it has been thru and as far as you and momma have driven it ,trouble free....he asks me that all the time ( it has been a good little comet).....pop
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

Is there anyone who is showing up at pigeon forge that has a used 2 dr hardtop front bench seat that they might be interested in selling . I might be looking for a used seat without rips and tears in it preferably aqua/blue or maybe even black. I don't care if it is old and faded, just don't want a trashed one because I have several of those. It would have to be fairly cheap because it is a temporary fix. PM me if you have something that you think I might be interested in.

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

popscomet wrote:who WANTS IT MOVED??? :

I haven't seen where anyone wants it moved, Corky just commented that the hotel may go up next year and the rest of us just it only seemed fair and wouldn't make any difference in our attendance.
Careful your character's showing!

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Ok folks. I will be in PF Thursday without a car. Pulled the heads today. The set I was going to put back on need the seats ground. The ones I took off need the valves reground. So no way I can get that done in 2 days. So no Comet in PF this year, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

:cry: I was looking forward to meeting her/?him.

Pugs It's going to feel funny not sending you any parts, am I forgetting something?? :lol: I think Jim is taking up your slack!!
Johno

loman

Post by loman »

Sorry to hear that pugs. However, I think you should find a trailer, I think we can find enough manpower to unload and load your car. Aren't you 1 of a few that have made every gathering? no sense in missing this one with car.

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Loman I have a trailer. However, I missed the first one, just visited the second one. This will be the 2nd year I have attended the whole event, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed

loman

Post by loman »

Let's have a thrash on your car at the gathering.

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Want have the parts to do it Loman.
302 roller
4 speed

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Get the heads done and bring the car, we can assemble it at the hotel, you'll have more than enough suggestions and supervision. I already have the cordless impact in the car and can throw the torque wrench in and we'll be set.
Careful your character's showing!

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Pugs I do real good at SUPERVISING so bring it on WE are set just spoke tu SUSIE Aalmst full house mostly COMETS so ILL CU THURS ROLL COMETS JL & PAT

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

mopar 346 wrote:
popscomet wrote:who WANTS IT MOVED??? :

I haven't seen where anyone wants it moved, Corky just commented that the hotel may go up next year and the rest of us just it only seemed fair and wouldn't make any difference in our attendance.
Maybe I dreamed it !!!!! :shock: :? :lol: :lol: POP
pop/glenda

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Pop no body has said anything about moving that I know of they were talking about price increase and I think that's what got it all stated .But like I said if the price goes up SO BE IT I'll be there any way CU THURS ROLL COMETS J L & PAT