Some things I learned at the Comet Gathering 2016

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
lavron
Site Admin

Some things I learned at the Comet Gathering 2016

Post by lavron »

A few things I learned under the tent at the Comet Gathering 2016 in Pigeon Forge TN.

A new term - "The Loman walk of Shame"

Something about a sick robin's behind

The seat to my right was valuable late Friday evening (thinking about raffling it off next year)

And Comet people are some of the greatest people on earth.

I know this was my first year attending so I don't have the experience that others have but once you have been there you want to go back, the Comets are nice to see but the people are the best part.

If you have never been you owe it to yourself to go, if you start saving your pennies right now it won't be long till you have enough saved to attend (no fees just room and some food for a couple of days), you don't need to bring a Comet that is just a bonus, if you can that would be great, I would like to see 2017 have the largest number of Comets in one place in the last 10 years (I don't what that number is but if we can get 22 cars there it would be a record for the event)

Basically if you have a Comet, had a Comet, looking for a Comet, or just love Comets you need to be there if you can, Comets not required to have fun.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Ratical

Re: Some things I learned at the Comet Gathering 2016

Post by Ratical »

Indeed.. if pops theory is right.. (2 hrs under tent = 13 hrs knowledge) it's possible to get 104 or so hours knowledge in just Friday and Sat night between 8pm and 12am.. but wait,, there's more.. if you order now.. you yourself can see the loman walk of shame.. see the never posted on internet photo albums and get to shake the hands of the finest group of people gathered in one place... since..... Im no good with history.. so to my knowledge never before have such great people gathered for such a relaxed occasion.
Be Good and You Will Be Lonesome

6T5 404

Post by 6T5 404 »

X2 on both of the above posts.
I couldn't say it better.
Dave

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

You will need more than 26 to get a record!!!There were at least 24 at the Mercury show a few years back,plus 20 T theKnotts Show a while back! ROY?
Real Racecars have 3 pedals