2020 Comet Gathering

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
lavron
Site Admin

Re: 2020 Comet Gathering

Post by lavron »

I don't think we will be there either, hard because we missed last year, but driving across two states and exposing ourselves to people from various places doesn't appeal to us right now.

There have just been two cases of the virus in our county (my aunt and uncle :roll: ) and both recovered but I live in a pretty secluded place.

Hoping for better chances next year and still working on the Comet, unless something major happens it should be ready for the trip next year.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

I think everyone needs to make their own decision cause every scenario is different. We are healthy and not in the "danger" zone (we think) and we too live in a very secluded area. With my travel I was in NJ mid May and I actually worked in Michigan last week. Kim has stayed away from everyone but the immediate family and when I go to Lowe's or Walmart I'm cautious. Getting gas is a ritual and there are wipes and hand sanitizer within reach at all times. The main wild card right now is that my son n law is working and around everyone, when I come back from out of the zone, Kim goes and stays with my daughter for 2 weeks and I get a lot done in the shop. :D

Where 2 or more are gathered in my name doesn't exactly fit here but if we have 2 Comets in the parking lot at the same time we had a gathering. Aunt Lou can be parked and Pugs can drive though so it is a continuous Gathering. We can stay 6 feet apart and no hugging or shaking hands, the locals don't even need to stay the night. For us it will be a good escape, mostly for Kim since I get to travel some still. I don't plan to travel before then so I will be as "clean" as possible.

On another note I saw a really cool 4 door 62/63 on a trailer headed to Tennessee on 65 yesterday when I I was coming on. Looked to be in Nice shape, light blue and white. I'd love to have cars like that show up in the coming years. All models and years just to compare the differences.

Take care folks
Careful your character's showing!

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Hello guys. I have been absent from the page for a while. I will be there as long as someone else will be. Kevin says he’s in so I will be there. It will be a getaway for the wife and I also. This stupid virus is been hard to deal with at work. Comet ain’t washed up yet , but will be by the time the gathering rolls around.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I hope many can still make it.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

POP has not called and gave up his closet yet,,me and Dwayne are still talking about it,,,so we just might just give up the ghost and show up !!! we want to for sure,,we have a couple of wks to decide,,,,as far as the cobra making it ain't important,it can stay at home,,,we can make do without it,,I don't come for the cars ,it's JL and his wife PAT and others I come for...POP is around cars everyday,,it's all you folks POP comes to see...so don't give up on US yet...I'll let it be known YEA or NAY.....thanks ..be cool be careful and always pay attention...pop
pop/glenda

waywillia7404

Post by waywillia7404 »

Hope all is well with everyone and no problems with the virus. I just talked to Susie at the Mt Breeze Motel and she said that they will be doing their spring cleaning this week and ready to open this Friday (May 8th). I am still planning to be there for the Comet Gathering. You might give Susie a call to check on your resv to be sure your still on the book. Got Old Yellow ready and waiting to go. So hope to see as many as can in PF.

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Well as of right now everything still looks go for the POSTER CHILD unless we have a second wave of this virus will know closer to time hopefully C ALL N P/F N few weeks. JL and PAT

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

My wife called and cancelled so the Presidential Suite is available.

Hopefully be able to see everyone next year.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

lavron wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 6:57 pm
My wife called and cancelled so the Presidential Suite is available.
So the mop closet with the window in the door overlooking the back alley is available! 8)

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

so suck it up and get your hinny up there,,,we arent sure if we can make yet,,,, but that is in our plans !! WE ARE NOT SURE but it's in our plans for sure....POP will not release his room til the very last minute,,,,POP has not been there since yr before last yr,,,,,y'all need some MATURE leadership :o :shock: :lol: .....pop
pop/glenda

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

So how many comets are planning to show in P/F with me at THE GATHERING hope to see a crowd post in plan to attend

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

I will definitely be there. It will be late Thursfay night but I will be there.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Just talked with gentle from S C ASKING IF GATHERING WAS STILL ON I TOLD HIM TO COME ON WE WOULD BE THERE HOPE TO SEE A BUNCH N P/F CU THERE JL

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

It ain't looking good for POP to make it,the cobra ain't got anything to do with it,,,but am going to wait til the last minute to give up my mop closet....don't count me out yet !! pop
pop/glenda

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Heard about a fella wasn’t going to the GATHERING A and another told him to suck it up and get his hinny in gear and be there not mentioning any names POP. C U N P /F