Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:57 pm
lavron wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:22 am
ImageImage
Whoa! Hilborn injected 8)

Thanks Mike! Keep 'em rollin' if you can. :D

Joe
Joe
Although it is very impressive it is not injection. It is an Inglese version of four Weber carburetors. It looks as if there is a good turnout for the event, maybe next time I will stop by.
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

Joe Travers

Re: 2021 Comet Gathering in Pigeon Forge TN

Post by Joe Travers »

A/FX wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:27 pm
Although it is very impressive it is not injection. It is an Inglese version of four Weber carburetors. It looks as if there is a good turnout for the event, maybe next time I will stop by.
Yep, redacted that soon after I did a double-take, Jim. The stacks caught me off guard :lol:
Was just looking at the Hilborn set-ups the other day. Seems the mechanical units are a thing of the past unless you know someone and own a bank. Would love to bring my car as well, if things line up.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Well that makes at three of us that are hoping for the correct alignment of the stars next time going to work on the Comet this year Lord willing and maybe even drive it 1200 mile round trip next time Y ou need goals and I hate to miss out on having it at the world's largest gathering of exclusvely Mercury Comets 8)

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

lavron wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:10 am
Y ou need goals and I hate to miss out on having it at the world's largest gathering of exclusvely Mercury Comets 8)
I think you can quote me on this, Mike. Comets are going to become increasingly valuable and sought after with the crazy prices on the pony cars. When the Mustang market got high, Cougar, Falcon, Ranchero & Fairlane followed suit. The Cyclone has almost caught up now. Other models will follow, IMO. :wink:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

ImageImage
Mike's build thread

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Official Count Comet Gathering 2021 29 at least, I believe all on the ground at once. If I have made any errors or ommissions feel free to post corrections

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Thanks for posting the cars, Mike and thanks to the folks that forwarded those pics.
Appreciate the virtual car show :D

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Got back home about 3:30 pm safe and sound. No flipped trailer shackles. :roll: This was the best Gathering I've been to. We had cars representing every year from 1960 through 1967, and 11 different states. And out of the 29 cars that were there, there were only 4 red ones that I can recall! I got some good tech tips from several people, some good leads on dependable vendors, and a healthy dose of Pop Stories from the man himself. :lol: Put in my reservation for the same weekend next year. :wink:

Jim

loman

Post by loman »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:30 pm
Got back home about 3:30 pm safe and sound. No flipped trailer shackles. :roll: This was the best Gathering I've been to. We had cars representing every year from 1960 through 1967, and 11 different states. And out of the 29 cars that were there, there were only 4 red ones that I can recall! I got some good tech tips from several people, some good leads on dependable vendors, and a healthy dose of Pop Stories from the man himself. :lol: Put in my reservation for the same weekend next year. :wink:

Jim
That's great that so many showed up and the variety as well. one of these years I will make it back down there.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WE got home about 3:45 ,we killed some time eating and I wanted some POPEYE chicken before we got home,,,about 3 hrs or so from the house,,we were clicken down the road and an alarm went off in my truck,,,what is that ? about that time I noticed on the dash a sign lit up...it read something like,,,,ARE YOU TIRED,,BEEN DRIVEING AWHILE,,DO YOU NEED TO STOP AND PICTURE OF A CUP OF COFFEE WAS DISPLAYED,,,,i TOLD GLENDA..it must be a sensor in the seat,,cause my butt is wore out....leave it to FOMOCO,,,,,,POP had a great time at PF,,besides the very 1st gathering yrs ago,,,this one ranked up there,,,,great new folks and great er old folks,,,,,nice cars,,,I ought to be locked away in a padded cell for not bringing ole red,,,I felt lost there without it,,,told wife this won't happen again if at all possible,,I just didn't want to have to be bothered with the trailer after I got there..that's what I conviced myself the reason,,,I think I was just to lazy to get comet ready and check out my trailer,,,,it won't happen again if I have control of the situation...again great time great people and very nice comets,,,,and a kick booty falcon wagon,,,,and POP got to ride in it,,,,,thanks to all for helping POP have a super duper time.......POP
pop/glenda

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

I got home about 11:00 last night. We were really pleased with the turn out and again we had many who said what a great time they had and that they'll be back, time will tell. I think there were 8 or 9 65 Cyclones with 4 speeds, that's gotta be a record in itself. My count was 24 on the ground at once but someone else thought 25, either is a record. Total of 29 for the week end, that is not only a record for us but a record number of Comets in one place since they were brand new. The last 29th car showing up about 9:30 Saturday night, they had heard about it from a passer by while at another car show. Had a black 65 Caliente come for about 30-45 minutes Saturday morning, they were accompanying their son with a Trans Am at the Pontiac show but they made a point to stop in, awesome! As for the black 65 Hipo car, rumor has it it was real but I don't know enough to verify either way, extremely clean car though and the only vinyl roof car I have seen at any Gathering, at least that still had the top on it. There was really some great cars this year as always and some really great people as well. The things that lifted my eyebrow the most were a couple came from Washington State for the Gathering, the White car was a real documented factory race car out of Harrisburg PA area, a gentleman drove the turquoise car from Long Island, over 800 miles, Carl drove his Red 63 vert from LA (Louisiana for this reference), a 65 unmolested (but road hard) Cyclone time capsule (yep it was a 4 speed) and the 60, it was extremely clean. Not to take away from anyone else's effort to get there or the quality of their cars.

We were extremely pleased with everyone's cooperation and participation and an overall willingness of everyone, old or new, to pinch in and do anything they could to help to make it the event it was.

If I'm thinking right, less than 10 of the cars had been to a previous Gathering and at least one changed hands.

The absolute high light of the week end for me though was seeing Corky sitting under the tent once again...........priceless!
Careful your character's showing!

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Joe Travers wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:39 am
lavron wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:10 am
Y ou need goals and I hate to miss out on having it at the world's largest gathering of exclusvely Mercury Comets 8)
I think you can quote me on this, Mike. Comets are going to become increasingly valuable and sought after with the crazy prices on the pony cars. When the Mustang market got high, Cougar, Falcon, Ranchero & Fairlane followed suit. The Cyclone has almost caught up now. Other models will follow, IMO. :wink:

Joe
I quoted you :P I am sure when my Comet debuts to the public you won't be able to touch a Comet then at a low price :shock: :P
Everyone will will want a 64comet.com orLavron's Comet Central.com clone :) I guess that will help those out there looking for an increase in value on thier Comets ( <---not me 8) )
Mike's build thread

tntrash

Post by tntrash »

popscomet wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:13 pm
WE got home about 3:45 ,we killed some time eating and I wanted some POPEYE chicken before we got home,,,about 3 hrs or so from the house,,we were clicken down the road and an alarm went off in my truck,,,what is that ? about that time I noticed on the dash a sign lit up...it read something like,,,,ARE YOU TIRED,,BEEN DRIVEING AWHILE,,DO YOU NEED TO STOP AND PICTURE OF A CUP OF COFFEE WAS DISPLAYED,,,,i TOLD GLENDA..it must be a sensor in the seat,,cause my butt is wore out....leave it to FOMOCO,,,,,,POP had a great time at PF,,besides the very 1st gathering yrs ago,,,this one ranked up there,,,,great new folks and great er old folks,,,,,nice cars,,,I ought to be locked away in a padded cell for not bringing ole red,,,I felt lost there without it,,,told wife this won't happen again if at all possible,,I just didn't want to have to be bothered with the trailer after I got there..that's what I conviced myself the reason,,,I think I was just to lazy to get comet ready and check out my trailer,,,,it won't happen again if I have control of the situation...again great time great people and very nice comets,,,,and a kick booty falcon wagon,,,,and POP got to ride in it,,,,,thanks to all for helping POP have a super duper time.......POP
Pops glad y'all made it home ok. I think that truck of yours is too smart, it may put you out and take off on its own! Glad you enjoyed the Falcon ride, I was honored to take you for one and get your approval on our new ride.

It was great seeing everyone! Even though we dont have a Comet now, we will be back because this group is the best of the best!

Doug and Dawn

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

thanks DOUG...YOU AND DAWN bring out the best in people just being around you 2....see ya later....POP?Glenda
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:13 pm
If you start now you will be ready next year :| How were the bridges BTW?
Mike's build thread