Post by waywillia7404 »

Attachments
Slide 2.GIF
Slide 2.GIF (61.39 KiB) Viewed 2023 times

lavron
Site Admin

Re: 2021 10th Comet Gathering Flyer

Post by lavron »

Hard to believe this is the 10th year, I surely have to have my Comet there to mark this momentous occasion :D You all know my plans are to be there with bells on, and hopefully windows :P because if I don't have windows it is sure to rain on the event and I don't want that to happen, aleady going to have to cover the engine because I won't have a hood yet.

See Ya all there in June,
Mike

PS, I hope Pops makes it this year I miss seeing him for some reason :P :roll: I need to hear one or two of those "mostly" true stories, I know he can post them here but it is not the same as hearing them in person, trust me :P
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Pop is really thinking about coming this yr,,,,in a day or so I'll call and try to get my same mop closet,,,sure hope SUZY has poured out the mop water from the bucket and wrung out the mop,,,,that soured water ordor gives me a headache,,,OH BY THE WAY,,,last night I heard ....OL fiddler,,,,you'd think after almost 7yrs of chaseing that coon he'd be tired,,if he ever gives it up and comes home,,am thinking about buying a 65 comet,,just to take him huntin in,,,his eye sight has got to be failing him,,he may really need those headlights.... :shock: :? :roll: :wink:
pop/glenda

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

popscomet wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:29 am
,OH BY THE WAY,,,last night I heard ....OL fiddler,,,,you'd think after almost 7yrs of chaseing that coon he'd be tired,,if he ever gives it up and comes home,,am thinking about buying a 65 comet,,just to take him huntin in,,,his eye sight has got to be failing him,,he may really need those headlights....
For your sake, I hope he shows up!
You would look good in that 427 gasser 8) :wink:

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Pop need to call about that closet bunch of newbys already got reservations looks like May be a record breaker this year HOPE TO C U N P/F JL

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:29 am
Pop is really thinking about coming this yr,,,,in a day or so I'll call and try to get my same mop closet
Not dissuade you any, hopefully another room will work for you because I already booked the presidential suite.

I would like to see you Pop, been thinking about just driving down to Arkansas to pay a visit but it is hard to leave the mountain and interrupt my most important Comet work :roll: getting ready for the tenth Comet Gathering is a chore, and rain or shine windows or not the Comet will be there with me :P so sorry about that to everyone, my goal is to win the coveted best of show award :lol: (for those that don't know there are no awards or shows)hopefully by 2022 I will be able to drive the Comet there with paint so I can win the show and shine award and the most miles driven, I think I could beat out Kevin but he is vetern at driving a Comet a long ways and I will be a nooby :roll: sort of, back in the day it was just a car I drove everyplace without a thought, it should be much better now once I get the kinks all worked out.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

duncanjl wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:00 am
Pop need to call about that closet bunch of newbys already got reservations looks like May be a record breaker this year HOPE TO C U N P/F JL
Called and got a room,,didn't get my old room,,,but she said they have started storeing the mop and bucket in MIKE'S room,,,,later POP
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:32 pm
Called and got a room,,didn't get my old room,,,but she said they have started storeing the mop and bucket in MIKE'S room,,,,later POP
at least I am close to the ice machine :P I may treat that like it is mine and charge people for ice.
Mike's build thread

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I bet you'll really mop up with that scheme. :lol: :lol: :roll:

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

lavron wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:01 pm
popscomet wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:32 pm
at least I am close to the ice machine :P I may treat that like it is mine and charge people for ice.
is that tight :? :? ..or is that tight?? :wink: :shock: :lol:
pop/glenda