The 2022 Comet Gathering is on!

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
A/FX
Comet Central Member

Re: The 2022 Comet Gathering is on!

Post by A/FX »

Thanks! For posting the pictures and information. Maybe next year I will make it to the event.
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Just landed at the house, Aunt Lou ran like the sewing machine she it. I just love rolling through the back roads of GA for the last couple hundred miles.

Well, another one is in the books, the 11th by all accounts and it was a great one. A lot of people worked together to make it happened, the individual contributions make it so that it's not a burden on anyone person. Thank you to everyone who helped throughout the weekend.

Jim, strangely enough I don't have a picture of the orange one either, but it was there we swear, in fact he was back for a while Saturday without the car.
His cooling fan quiet on him and he couldn't find one in town, so he didn't feel comfortable driving it from his hotel. And thank you for posting the pictures and the stats since I'm computer challenged. Hopefully others will share their pictures as well. Maybe Ron, JL or Mr. Wayne has a picture they can share. I agree the underside of Pugs' hood turned out awesome, Tim is really an artist with fiberglass.

I think it was a great gathering, we were in the yard from 7am to 10:30 pm most everyday so no time for posting. Pugs made his typical 7 trips back to Knoxville, but he did bring the car on Wednesday and left it all week. Radical stopped by Friday and Saturday and visited awhile, TNTrash and Dawn was there Saturday with their brand spanking new grandbaby, 4 week old little girl. Michael, JL's grandson was a big help with everything as usual. Ron had his granddaughters there as well as Pat with his grandsons. In fact most folks brought their significant other and/or kids. Carl Jacobs made a celebrity appearance as well. You could watch and see friendship and bonds being created that will last. We always joke that if everyone that has been and said they'd be back were there at once we'd have a 100 cars and 500 people, with that said though we are grateful for everyone who has shown up regularly, sporadically and even in time. I think about half or so of the cars were repeat appearances, leaving at least a third or better of cars being new friends. Frankly I think the family reunion analogy is spot on.

We were missing one of the founding father's this year, Corky was feeling under the weather and couldn't make the trip for the first time. His nephew and brother n law had his car there though finished, it looked and sounded awesome.

Hopefully more of you can make the trip at some point, I cant say 've ever heard anyone say it wasn't worth their time. Although there is still 1 mystery white 65 that came through for about 15 minutes last year and we haven't seen hide nor hair of it since or before for that matter. Maybe he was disaapointed. :D
Careful your character's showing!

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

I remember a couple from Chicago and a couple from outside of Pittsburg and let's not forget the folks from above Albany, so we can add PA, NY and IL to the participant count. Like Jim, I'm sure I'm forgetting some. In total we gave out 50 goody bags, we make an effort to get one to everyone who made the trip for the Comets even if they didn't bring their car this year, admittedly several cars had several generations of family, so they got multiple bags. Oh yea, Tom from Ohio.

I think that's 16 states we know were represented, not bad!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Appears OL POP missed a get down good time,,,good looking passell of COMETS !!! hope all made the return trip safe and sound.....and thanks for the PIC's....POP
pop/glenda

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Thank you for the pics!
Cool rides 8)

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

comethead

Post by comethead »

Great turn out!! Awesome pics too 8)
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Found a pic of the orange one ;
and more on one of the FB pages;
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=30 ... 5905275903
Johno

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Thank you, John, it definitely looks cool in orange. Anyone recognize the state on the tag? Is it PA?

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

Cool pictures! Thanks for posting them. Maybe someday when mine is done I will head down to the gathering. Just that it usually falls on the same weekend as Ford of Carlisle and I really have fun going there! Plus it is a lot closer!

But great pictures and it sounds like everyone had a great time.

Lou

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

Here is the Mercury Man on the underside of puggs teardrop.
Attachments
IMG_20220604_154241161.jpg
IMG_20220604_154241161.jpg (49.52 KiB) Viewed 2193 times
Be Good and You Will Be Lonesome

Ratical

Post by Ratical »

And here is the hood from a distance. Great work.
Attachments
IMG_20220604_154250217_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220604_154250217_HDR.jpg (59.65 KiB) Viewed 2194 times
Be Good and You Will Be Lonesome

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I recognized a red vert from the very first gathering. dont know if it still has same owner. here is a pic of it with owner in 2012;
Johno

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

The vert was owned by a man named John and his son Boomer and family came down with him. It has Johnny B. Goode on the driver's rear quarter along with Betty Boop. The story is that the Aunt bought it new and Boomer and his cousins would pile in it and go to town. John always wanted it and at some point they agreed on a trade, $150 dollars, a deep freezer and 2 mules! or maybe it was horses but the mule angle sounds better. The stories that go with the cars are priceless.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

mopar 346 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:09 pm
The vert was owned by a man named John and his son Boomer and family came down with him. It has Johnny B. Goode on the driver's rear quarter along with Betty Boop. The story is that the Aunt bought it new and Boomer and his cousins would pile in it and go to town. John always wanted it and at some point they agreed on a trade, $150 dollars, a deep freezer and 2 mules! or maybe it was horses but the mule angle sounds better. The stories that go with the cars are priceless.
was it the guy in my pic? because it is the same car ,has same comet east sticker in the passenger side windshield & front tag is same.

another pic from 2012;
Johno

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Yes, that is him, in fact I thought the picture you posted was from this year, he looks none the worse for the wear. :D