Fun Ford Weekend at Maple Grove Raceway

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
fairlaniac

Fun Ford Weekend at Maple Grove Raceway

Post by fairlaniac »

Hello,
Along with the 1964 Comet that I am building I also own a 1966 Ford Fairlane. My love of the Fairlane has led me to be the president of the Fairlane Club of America (FCA). Long before I was president I hosted in my area (Central PA) a "Mini-Meet" for the FCA, and still do. These are small club event that we have all over the USA. For the past three years I have had my mini-meet be part of the Fun Ford Weekend at Maple Grove Raceway in Mohnton, PA. The general manager of MG is Lex Dudas. I have been working with Lex to bring more Fords & Mercurys to the FFW. What Lex has done for the FCA is we have a coupon. This coupon and $10 gets you and your car into the car show. Passengers may also use a coupon. I think the gate fee is $22. So it's quite a savings. Typically my mini-meet of Fairlanes, Torinos, Comets, Montegos, etc... gets 40-50 cars. Lex has asked me to extent the same deal to other Ford/Mercury clubs that I know of. So if someone from Comets East wants to head up a group of Comets I can help set you up with the $10 coupon. Just let me know. My Comet won't be fined by September 5, 2015 which is the date of the FFW event but it would be nice to see more Comets out at Maple Grove.
Doug Bender
1964 Comet Caliente
1966 Fairlane 427/4 Spd

albert

Re: Fun Ford Weekend at Maple Grove Raceway

Post by albert »

I could be interested in attending. About a 2 hour drive for me from Jackson NJ (near Great Adventure) Keep us posted on this event.
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

fairlaniac

Re: Fun Ford Weekend at Maple Grove Raceway

Post by fairlaniac »

Tomorrow is the event. Hope to see some Comets there.
Doug Bender
1964 Comet Caliente
1966 Fairlane 427/4 Spd