Radiator question

144-250 cid Inline Six Performance
popscomet

Re: Radiator question

Post by popscomet »

Comechero65 wrote:And I can't say much about stock rads as I have always run a 4 core rad on mine. I know some say that is too thick and slows down air flow but I have never detected that to be a problem. With the 4 core and at least a 5 blade fan and shroud have never had an overheating problem even on a hot day with the ac on. We always refered to the 4 core rad as the 'Desert Pack'.
Ron
WELL,ON my 64 ,I use the orginal rad ..no shroud at all..a 5bladed fan and it runs as cool as a cucumber,no matter the conditions,,,cruise ,traffic .....it don't matter....it's a 60 over 289,..pop
pop/glenda

BJB

Post by BJB »

Comechero65 wrote:Early fords no matter the engine almost always had both fittings on the pass side. I believe around 68 to maybe 70 when they started going to a wider rad did they switch to the drivers side for the lower intake.
Ron

Down under, and I suspect that they should differ not from the US design , the Falcon 6 cylinder radiators had upper hose on the ( now I'm converting my answer to suit your LHD set up) Passenger side and the lower hose on the Drivers side.( in 65/66 the lower hose was smaller than the top) That has been the case since they were released here in '60 and never changed until around '76 ( changed to side tank design when they went cross flow)

Bruce

"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

captian_napalm

Post by captian_napalm »

Speaking of radiators.........I am looking for one that has a trans cooler. I have a separate cooler, and it sticks out like a sore thumb.