Help Us Fight COVID-19: Win 1960 Mercury Comet, Cash & Collectibles

Activities of Interest to Comet Owners not sponsored by members
becauseIsaidIwould.

Help Us Fight COVID-19: Win 1960 Mercury Comet, Cash & Collectibles

Post by becauseIsaidIwould. »

Please visit https://fundraising.becauseisaidiwould.org/1960 to buy tickets and support our nonprofit 501(c)(3) in the fight to prevent and respond to the devastating effects of COVID-19.

You can check us out at becauseisaidiwould.org

Thank you for your consideration.
Comet Fundraiser.jpg
Comet Fundraiser.jpg (110.18 KiB) Viewed 207 times
Last edited by becauseIsaidIwould. on Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

poboyjo65

Re: Help Us Fight COVID-19: Win 1960 Mercury Comet, Cash & Collectibles

Post by poboyjo65 »

I'm afraid to click on that link,sounds like a con.
347, 4sp, 9'' 215-60-15 - 29-15.0-15

becauseIsaidIwould.

poboyjo65 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:17 pm
We are a legitimate charity located in Rocky River, Ohio with global reach. Our mission is to better humanity through promises made and kept. We do this through character education and chapters of volunteers. You can learn more about us at becauseisaidiwould.org.

Thank you for sharing your concern. It brought to our attention that we needed to provide additional information in our original forum post.

We hope you will take a look and share with other Comet enthusiasts.
Attachments
Comet Fundraiser.jpg
Comet Fundraiser.jpg (110.18 KiB) Viewed 215 times

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I will leave this post for now but it would be better to get approval before posting items similar to this when you are a new user, I went and checked your organization so I don't think you are con but this is not the best practice to get donations.

I hope everyone understands the point I am making and if the community feels strongly enough I will take further action.

See Ya,
Mike
64 Comet 202 Sedan, My first car, I have owned it since 1979!
Performance rebuild on a BUDGET - Installed; 250-6, T-5, 8.8 LSD, MII, Air Ride - Whatever I do it will be awesome!

becauseIsaidIwould.

lavron wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:21 pm
I will leave this post for now but it would be better to get approval before posting items similar to this when you are a new user, I went and checked your organization so I don't think you are con but this is not the best practice to get donations.

I hope everyone understands the point I am making and if the community feels strongly enough I will take further action.

See Ya,
Mike
Hey Mike,

We apologize if we offended anyone with our post and did not consider that there may be an approval process for what we assumed was a public forum. We were simply looking to raise awareness and thought our fundraiser may be of interest to the participants here because of the nature of the prize. We appreciate your willingness to give our effort a chance for others to weigh in.

We are fairly inexperienced at fundraising as most of our operating revenue comes from in person events that have been eliminated due to the current pandemic. We are doing everything we can think of to keep ourselves going until we are able to resume our normal funding activities and continue our charitable work. Please forgive our lack of understanding for the club forum's protocols/etiquette.

Thanks.

The Promise Team at becauseisaidiwould.org
Last edited by becauseIsaidIwould. on Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

becauseIsaidIwould. wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:49 pm
poboyjo65 wrote:
We are a legitimate charity located in Rocky River, Ohio with global reach. Our mission is to better humanity through promises made & kept
Ok I promise I'm not clicking on that link! & you can bet your ass I'll keep it,because I said I would !

becauseIsaidIwould.

poboyjo65 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:02 pm
poboyjo65 wrote:
We are a legitimate charity located in Rocky River, Ohio with global reach. Our mission is to better humanity through promises made & kept
Ok I promise I'm not clicking on that link! & you can bet your ass I'll keep it,because I said I would !
We are sorry you feel that way but appreciate your sense of humor. If you change your mind, you can always fall back on our code of honor "doing what is right will always be more important than keeping a promise." We believe in our work and hope we can convince others to join us in the fight against this terrible disease. Stay safe & be well.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:27 am
poboyjo65 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:02 pm

We are sorry you feel that way but appreciate your sense of humor. If you change your mind, you can always fall back on our code of honor "doing what is right will always be more important than keeping a promise." We believe in our work and hope we can convince others to join us in the fight against this terrible disease. Stay safe & be well.
how about some more pics of the comet,we like pics! no I'm not clicking on the link to see any.

becauseIsaidIwould.

Comet Rear.jpg
Comet Rear.jpg (53.99 KiB) Viewed 145 times
Comet Interior.jpg
Comet Interior.jpg (66.51 KiB) Viewed 145 times
Comet Front.jpg
Comet Front.jpg (129.19 KiB) Viewed 145 times

becauseIsaidIwould.

Just 13 days left to get your tickets! Please visit becauseisaidiwould.org/1960 to learn how you can win this car, collectibles & cash while helping those directly affected by COVID-19.
Comet Fundraiser.jpg
Comet Fundraiser.jpg (110.18 KiB) Viewed 53 times