Cyclone Emblems

Discussions about general body work and modifications
caseville cyclone

Cyclone Emblems

Post by caseville cyclone »

I need help on installing my Cyclone and Flag emblems on quarter panels on 65 Comet. My car is definitely a Cyclone but I can't find the mounting holes. Somebody could have changed the quarter panels which I highly doubt,or welded up the holes and performed such a good job that I can't find them. Is there anywhere I could find the dimensions for these emblems or just look at a picture and wing it. I bought the barrel nuts I need and have brand new emblems that I purchased from Crites years ago. Any help would be appreciated. Andy

comethead

Re: Cyclone Emblems

Post by comethead »

Can you see any evidence of the filled holes from the inside? My Caliente emblem holes were painted over and covered, I had to do some digging around from the inside of the quarter panel.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

caseville cyclone

I haven't scaped the inside of the trunk yet but a quick look I couldn't see anything. I"ll try using a fine sandpaper on the inside of the trunk and see what I can find. Thanks for the response,stay tuned. Andy

caseville cyclone

Hey Joe,guess what I found? After looking on the inside of the quarter panel and a little bit of sanding,low and behold there they were!!! This will definately make it easier to install the emblems,and they'll be in the proper place. Thanks Joe,sometimes this 72 year old Polish brain needs a push in the right direction. Thanks Andy.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

AIN'T nothing wrong with a polish brain..OL POP lived in a polish community for many yrs and worked with them on the RR ,in fact one of my best buddies is full blood polish and the very best FORD mech's I've ever known....he still holds the record for the fastes time with a flathead ford at the now closed down local dragstrip....but the majority of them have a last name that I never did learn how to pronounce :? :wink: :lol: ,,I have many many POLISH friends...pop
pop/glenda

caseville cyclone

Well I'm glad to hear that Pops,my grandfather came from Warsaw Poland when he was 15. My last name is Gorski which is pretty easy to pronounce. Andy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

you may very well have kin folk in NORTH LITTLE ROCK,ARKANSAS...there was an old man on the RR,that had that same name back in the early 70's...small world my polish friend !! :) pop
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

caseville cyclone wrote:Hey Joe,guess what I found? After looking on the inside of the quarter panel and a little bit of sanding,low and behold there they were!!! This will definately make it easier to install the emblems,and they'll be in the proper place. Thanks Joe,sometimes this 72 year old Polish brain needs a push in the right direction. Thanks Andy.
That’s great news Andy!! Let’s see them when you get’em installed. Glad I could help!

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed