61 comet sedan front fender removal

Discussions about general body work and modifications
61 Waycrosscomet

61 comet sedan front fender removal

Post by 61 Waycrosscomet »

The obvious bolts to remove I can see. Under the hood, by the headlamps. Its the 3 my shop manual says are on the 'pillar'. I believe i see one
at the top when i open the door. Its the other two that are a mystery. Do all the bolts have that clip on nut holder holding it in place?
The ones i can see i can hit with pb blaster, its those i can't i worry about breaking and then having the bolt just spin away.
Would like to remove the fenders as it is would be easier to work on wheels and suspension and wheel well. thanks.

poboyjo65

Re: 61 comet sedan front fender removal

Post by poboyjo65 »

Not sure about a 61 but may be one under the car, & most likely the center one is behind the kick panel inside the cab,there is an access hole to it. & if it is & if it rusty like mine the clipnut broke & so I had to grind the head of it off. :x it was a pain
Johno

61 Waycrosscomet

Thanks. yeah, read your post about that. Hitting those nutclips with PB blaster and letting them sit. not sure if i will be able to do that
with those pillar bolts. Will try to remove those difficult bolts first. This car is a real challenge with the rusty nuts and bolts. Thanks again.

61 Waycrosscomet

Got the fender off, finally. whoo hoo. Ok what is the fabric type stuff stapled to the wheel well inside edges to sort of seal out debris? My shop manual doesn't talk about this. Is there a replacement? thanks.---john.m

61 Waycrosscomet

Melvins in Georgia had the 2 replacement splash seals for my car.