Rustoleum Turbo Paint

Discussions about general body work and modifications
Joe Travers

Rustoleum Turbo Paint

Post by Joe Travers »

Think this is really cool! Wide fan to cover large panels.
Available in rusty metal primer as well for those rashy rat rod jobs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1mcKg435wc

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

power band

Re: Rustoleum Turbo Paint

Post by power band »

... I thought it meant paint for your turbo - between the Turbo RO rattle can and spray plastic coatings the world of amateur paint possibilities keeps expanding beyond paint roller jobs..

'74 Comet/Maverick has alternate hood and cowl sprayed with flat black plastic - @ 2 years and still ok:

(SC plumbing didn't fit under original Grabber stripe hood so used alternate with scoop on Comet hood. )

painted turbo on 170 :

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

power band wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:17 pm
'74 Comet/Maverick has alternate hood and cowl sprayed with flat black plastic - @ 2 years and still ok:
Cool Mav! Had an old girlfriend drove a Comet GT and another friend a Mav 6 banger back in the 70's. The Rustoleum wide fan Turbo comes in clear if you wanted to top off the hood for ultra-shine. Just wondering how durable but the hood looks good.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I got concerned with durability of 1k rust oleum that is why I decided to switch to a 2k single stage on my hood I read any paint that uses a catylist will resist gas and bird droppings over a one part, non-catylist type paint. There is a cost involved and you need equipment to apply with the paint costing 2x 3x more, I did mix enamel hardner wth the rust oleum I painted on the hood but will be sanding that down for a coat of epoxy sealer and single stage paint.
see Ya,
mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

power band

Post by power band »

Quality Single Stage paint can provide the lacquer like luster and overall smooth color often missing even on expensive BC/CC paint. The important post-paint care needed prevents it's wider use by novices and in repair shops.

'the 61 has PPG DP primer and PPG DBC Single Stage 'Wimbledon / Corinthian/etc ' long standard Ford off white. My very novice paint shoot still had enough of build for a careful wet sand cut and a final buff for satisfactory finish results. I found out you paint the car once but sand - off the original paint, the plastic/fbgls filler and the hi-build primer, wet sand, repeat, repeat...,

. Image . Image