Shop with Comet Specialty!??

Discussions about general body work and modifications
TcomeT

Shop with Comet Specialty!??

Post by TcomeT »

I’m looking for a shop that specializes in restoring the Mercury Comet, I have a 1966 Comet Caliente that I would like to restore. Was wondering if anybody knew of any shops in the US that does this. Thanks for the replies.

lavron
Site Admin

Re: Shop with Comet Specialty!??

Post by lavron »

Can’t imagine there is a shop that would narrow itself down to only Mercury Comet, they might go broke waiting for a rare one to show up :roll: I would assume there are a lot of restorations shops around more than capibale of restoring a Comet, might be better asking for referrals on them,I have no idea because I am DIY type guy myself, but there are a few nice shop done restorations on board here, I am sure none are cheap :wink: :wink:
See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

You'd probably have better luck looking for a shop that focuses on Mustang restorations. Lot's more demand for that. If they can do a good job on a Mustang, they can do a good job on a Comet.

Jim

Groover

Post by Groover »

Agree with Jim. Whenever I hit a wall, I swap Mustang for Comet and start my search again.
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

rockhopper29

Post by rockhopper29 »

I'm in the same situation following an accident and damage to the driver side front. In the greater Austin area, I have found a couple of shops that do nice builds. Camaros out the kazoo, Chevelles, etc. but they are all backed up for months. I agree that finding a shop with first and second gen Mustang repair is a good idea.
s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg (31.54 KiB) Viewed 868 times

Groover

Post by Groover »

How long are you willing to wait for the work to be done? What level of "restoration" does you '66 need? Where are you located? All of those things will factor in. Plenty may tell you they can do the work, but they won't tell you when it will be done (at least that's been my experience). In the end, if you're at all mechanically inclined, why not give it a go yourself ;) we're all here to help.
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...