Floor Pan Replacement

Discussions about general body work and modifications
Flye

Floor Pan Replacement

Post by Flye »

Hello and this is my first 'topic/posting'. I'll put in body shop, but if it needs to go in general forum, just let me know. Thanks.

I know not as much available for body stampings as with some other models, so I'm trying to figure out whether to tackle a Comet or not. I'm going to hit rust on anything I can afford, so I need to know what is and isn't realistic.

AutoKrafters (and probably others) has a 'full floor pan' stamping to fit 65 Comet. But I also see same part # fits Falcon/Ranchero/etc.

I may be 100% incorrect, but most of my forum searches indicate the Comet and Falcon have different wheelbases.

Question(s):

-Does anyone have experience with the full panel floor pan stamping on fit (that they could share good, bad or neutral)?
-IF the WB is different for the Comet vs Falcon, where is the difference made up? If the floor pan is same in both, the extra inches have to be added somewhere?
-Not looking for flames, etc., but any floor stampings better than others these days?

Thanks for any guidance and apologies in advance if these seem to be overly simplistic questions to some.

Thanks,

SASSY

Re: Floor Pan Replacement

Post by SASSY »

http://falconfaq.dyndns.org/display1.ph ... Page=0-001
Chapter 17 pages 5-6 give a lot of info.
I know this is 64 but to my knowledge the center of 64 and 5 Falcons snd Comets are the same floorpan.
But no I haven't done a floorpan.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Re: Floor Pan Replacement

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

65 falcon and 65 comet are the same in the middle. Same doors, roof, floors, windows etc. Behind the floor pan is where the comet gets it extra length
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry