How to attach Mercury Head on emblem?

Discussions about general body work and modifications
YotaMaster

How to attach Mercury Head on emblem?

Post by YotaMaster »

Hi guys,

I was missing the center grill emblem on my 65 Caliente so ordered a couple and restored the best one. Put in the new aluminum sticker colors and am at a crossroads on how you attach the little head emblem. It has a pin to guide it on bottom and the top looks like a tiny tube. Stock ones almost look like pop rivets but don't know how to get a gun in on this angle. My second thought was to use maybe a small nut and a washer or two and then a self-tapping tiny screw that would just screw it down and hold it all together but I figured I'd throw it up here and see if anybody actually knew what I was supposed to do with this before I go shady tree mechanic on it.

Thanks

Auto Krafters Compatible/Replacement for Grille Ornament Insert Mercury Man Head 1965 Comet Caliente Standard Emblem (C5GY-8A223HEAD)
https://a.co/d/4Mg2vHw
Dan - San Diego, CA
65 Caliente
347ci, MSD, Holley 650, Doug's headers
9" w 3.55 on Q1A coilovers and 4 link
'Speed Costs.... How fast you wanna go?'

poboyjo65

Re: How to attach Mercury Head on emblem?

Post by poboyjo65 »

I'd probably just epoxy it on. or maybe a very small tap ,drill & tap the stud that was riveted on,not the guild pin. would need a squared off tap to get threads deep enough. but the glue would be easier.
Johno