New to this Forum and well????

Let everyone know a little about yourself
tinbender

New to this Forum and well????

Post by tinbender »

Hello all I am new to your sight, and man was it a hassle to find. the reason I started to search you all out is: my father in law recently passed, the family was going through things, and wouldn't you know he still had my wife's 1973 Comet GT that she drove during the biggest part of our dating years. The ol GT is a bit worse for the ware, but salvageable. I hope to have it restored by our 30th in 2 years, to give it back to my wife. I am going to update it to an EFI setup, (don't want to deal with points and carb anymore, guess I am spoiled) I am a GM man all the way through and through, I know "bring on the Jokes" maybe someone will have a new one :D . but I may need some guidance from time to time. thanks looking FORWARD to the Reply's :twisted: :twisted:

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Welcome Tinbender, I guess we will reserve judgment on you just yet, there is hope for anyone to see the light and come away from the darkside :D

I think it is cool that the old GT is getting a second chance and congrats on the upcoming 30th, quite a feat in todays world.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

If you dare post your location we'll send someone over
to give you a blood transfusion of BLUE OVALS!!
That will give you the energy to complete this highly
technical and extremely self- educating endevour! LOL
OH,ahh, WELCOME!!
I've always liked that body style, still remember
Gapp&Roush on the cover of SS&DI(Ithink?) with
their 4dr in a 2ft.+ wheelstand back in the day!!

You've come to the right sight, great bunch of knowledge-
able, friendly, warm, thoughtful, etc,etc, guys!!
Fred

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

New to the forum

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Tinbender;Welcome to the site.Are you a sheet metal worker?I retired from the industry in 2004.The conversion is not that bad,find a late 80's Mustang parts car and get everything that goes with the electronics.I did the conversion about 8 years ago,not too much trouble. ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals