New Comet owner

Let everyone know a little about yourself
65cometconv

New Comet owner

Post by 65cometconv »

I recently bought a 65 Comet convertible in need of restoration. I am finding it to be a challenge to get parts so far. Alot different than the 68 Mustang I have now. Cleveland, Ohio here. My father had quite a few Comets when I was growing up, and always loved the stacked headlights on the 65. So now I am a proud owner of one.

SASSY

Re: New Comet owner

Post by SASSY »

Hey! Welcome
I'm sure you'll find all the pieces you need to build your convert
just not in a catologue.
You will meet some of the neatest people both online and in person
while hunting down what your convert needs.
The 64s and 5s are pretty close in the middle (greenhouse) so you need to learn
what interchanges there and I think the 65s have a lot of Mustang steering stuff
under them.
Anyway when ya start askin around the parts will show up!
How about postin some pics of what your startin with?
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

juddp39532

Post by juddp39532 »

64/65 Falcons share parts also. I have a 64 Falcon door on one side of my 65 Comet.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Welcome 65CometConv, having a Comet puts you in with the cool people 8) , all of us who own and love Comets know the challenge of finding good parts (try adding 6 cylinder speed parts to the mix) but all of it is well worth it, as Fred said you get a real opportunity to meet some great people instead of just punching you CC# number in a box :D plus when you are done, you will have something that people don't see everyday, that sure beats out the Mustangs (nothing against Mustangs, I like them fine).

Everyone here is willing to help in whatever way they can, I know a few who would even come over and give you hand if your close enough, but otherwise, words of encouragement and support are as close as your computer.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

65cometconv

Post by 65cometconv »

I have had the car a little over a month, so have just barely started. So far this forum has been very helpful already. I will try to post some pics a little later tomorrow. This car is a good start. Very little rust. Frame of the car is perfect. It was out of Louisiana.