New Comet owner

Let everyone know a little about yourself
Arthur Dent

New Comet owner

Post by Arthur Dent »

Well, not realy new but my wife and I bought a '67 Comet 202 Sedan a couple of years ago. We had been looking for a classic for a while, but had never found one we liked, or one that fit the budget. We were looking at Fords mostly. Everyone in this town has Chevys, and I've always liked the looks of a Ford. My father-inlaw had a guy in his shop, that he had done buisness with for years, and said he wass thinking of getting rid of his Comet. He was wanting to know if my father-inlaw wanted to buy it. It was quick phone call to my wife and I and we went to check it out.
It was a little run down. Chalky beige paint, some rust holes in the rear quarters, several small dents, missing radiator, missing one hubcap, missing the ar cleaner cover, and the auto choke was bypassed with some bailing wire.
We went out to eat and talk about the car. We decide that the car has potential, so we called him up and bought it.

It took my a while but I finally repalced the radiator, and am now on a quest for a carburetor.

I'm glad to have found this site. I now have a couple of options, and more resources for this project.
Thank you. Great forum.

S.R.

lavron
Site Admin

Re: New Comet owner

Post by lavron »

Welcome to the Forum Arthur, good to hear you have a supportive wife :D , I am sure the '67 has a lot of potential, 202's make great sleepers too.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058