Newest Member Intro

Let everyone know a little about yourself
My63S22

Newest Member Intro

Post by My63S22 »

I recently purchased a 1963 Mercury Comet S22 2 door hardtop in Phoenix at an auction via a friend who lives there. It is pretty much rust free. My friend is in the process of restoring it for me. I live in Central Arkansas. Some years ago when I lived in Arizona, I owned a 1964 Comet 2 door sedan. It had a 260 V8 and automatic with 5 lug wheels. I sold the car to a feller in Canada who gave me twice the amount I paid for it. My favorite cars are the 1963, 1964 & 1965 Mercury Comet 2 door hardtops. I forgot to mention, my name is Michael.

lavron
Site Admin

Re: Newest Member Intro

Post by lavron »

Welcome aboard Michael look forward to seeing some pictures and what is being done to the Comet, any questions don't hesitate to ask someone will give you some sort of answer.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

welcome,glad you joined up.....where are you located ,POP lives outside JACKSONVILLE...
pop/glenda

My63S22

Post by My63S22 »

Thank you for your reply. I live in Searcy. I've been to quite a few local car shows but have not seen any Comets in my area. The pictures I have of my car are limited since I haven't seen it in person yet. My friend sent some pictures to me on my cell phone but I don't know how to download them on this site. Since I am an old feller I am not too tech savvy.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

My63S22 wrote:Since I am an old feller I am not too tech savvy.
You will be in good company with Pops then :P :lol:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

My63S22 wrote:Thank you for your reply. I live in Searcy. I've been to quite a few local car shows but have not seen any Comets in my area.
GREAT ,ain't far from Searcy,got a friend that we've raced with for yrs lives there.. you aren't going to run across many comets around here,,mine is just about the only one you'll see,been that way for yrs and yrs...had a nice white 64 back in the 90's from LITTLE ROCK made several shows, then it was sold and never saw again....so my red one and my 64 pro-street comet are about it,so far....and I think that's neat !! everyone has a stang,nova or a camero ,,,but all comets are far and few between ….POP plans on being at the GREYSTONE sonic a week from this Saturday(3rd sat of the month) hwy 5 out of CABOT,,I may have ole rusty the 64 pro street comet there...….so if you can ,,,show up !! thanks POP
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

lavron wrote:

See Ya,
Mike
WELL THAT JUST GREAT !!and your for sure in a good age group with OL POP !!!.....POP is 71 yrso,retited from the railroad....
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

lavron wrote:

See Ya,
Mike
which are you referring to ???....my age or my lack of tech know how :? :? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....if you happen to read this MY63S22,,you will fast pick up on the fact that this is unlike any other forum you'll ever have the pleasure of being a part of,,,we help,we joke and we carry on with each other and have a truely good time...you'll never come up with a question that is stupid nor silly to ask,nobody is ever put down or made fun of in a disrespectful manner,,,most have never had the pleasure of shaking hands,but a few of us do meet the 1st wk end in june in PIEGON FORGE,TENN.,and your already invited...…NOW back to you and me..beings we live so close,,we need to meet and shake hands,,we can do it most anytime...anywhere...I actualy live 12 miles west of CABOT...so am already on the NORTH side of JACKSONVILLE,toward SEARCY to start with..pop
pop/glenda

My63S22

Post by My63S22 »

I see somehow you managed to get your car posted. You are way ahead of me. Yes, we'll have to get together for a handshake and I look forward to seeing your Comet's. I live on the west side of Searcy so we don't live very far apart. I look forward to making it out to Pigeon Forge in June next year. Thank you for the invitation.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

don't give pop any credit for posting pic's,,have been on this forum for yrs and still don't do them..POboyJOHN will help you as others ,JOHN and my son do it all for me..just name the place and time..I'LL TRY TO BE THERE....as far as my comets ,had the red one for yrs and have drove it in the ground,it just won't die !! the pro-street is so ugly you need dark glasses to look at it,,but both sound good !! :shock:
pop/glenda

My63S22

Post by My63S22 »

I hope you are not running 221's in them, especially your race car. I owned a 1962 Ford Fairlane Sports Coupe that came stock with that engine. It was removed and replaced with a 302. I think most of the 221's are either lining wrecking yards or were used as boat anchors!

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on Michael! :D we can give you a few pointers on pic posting if you're using a computer .I use a free pic host. The easiest one for me currently is picimage.
https://postimages.org/
this thread might help;
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15774

Or are you using a phone?
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

NO 221's,,,,,bought wife a 63 Fairlane yrs ago,,was new 260..but was replaced with a 221,,that thing ran like a sewing machine was a great engine,,,,at least in that car,,,had another in a 62 meteor never drove it,,never started it,,,
pop/glenda

My63S22

Post by My63S22 »

I was just kidding you about the 221. They would be a great application in a lighter car but anemic for an old Fairlane. I know a person can still purchase rebuild kits for the 221. Michael

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

My63S22 wrote:I was just kidding you about the 221. They would be a great application in a lighter car but anemic for an old Fairlane. I know a person can still purchase rebuild kits for the 221. Michael
why sure thing you can,,,has the same stroke as a 260/289,just a smaller bore,,3.58 260-3.78 289 -4.00 all have 2.87 stroke
pop/glenda