first of many

Let everyone know a little about yourself
frankstein65

first of many

Post by frankstein65 »

Hello everyone. I just bought my first Comet Caliente 289 last week out of Florida and trailered it to Louisiana. My first question (statement)....I think I'm the only one on the planet with a four door. But it's a nice car in decent shape, something for me in my old age to play with. Driving yesterday for the first time in the rain by accident, I prayed the wipers worked and they did. However when I tried to turn them off, they didn't. I have the intermittent with the floor pump etc..... How do I get them to quit for now? Good to see a very active forum. I also belong to the AMC Rambler forum. Not quite as active, almost dead. Anyway, looking forward to learning about this Comet. I will post pics when I learn how.

lavron
Site Admin

Re: first of many

Post by lavron »

Welcome to the forum, I think there are a few more-door cars around, certainly not as popular as two doors but there are some really nice examples remain.

Can't answer on your wiper issue I am sure someone here can help in short order.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Welcome!
Ya most of us see a well organized parts dept when we see a moredor.
I am looking for a moredor 3 on the tree though but a V8 car, I already have a 6cyl.
Probably need to pull the switch apart.
Too bad its a 65, 64s are just that bit 8) er
:mrgreen:
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard, Frank! :D Plenty of help to be had here, although I'm not the one to give it concerning your wipers. :roll: Like Mike said, though, there's bound to be someone who can. We love to see pics. You can upload them several ways, the easiest probably being to use the Upload Attachment tab below the field where you type a message. The only catch to that is you may have to resize the pic first if it's too big. If you want more versatility in posting pics, this link gets you to a good tutorial on how to do it. Let's see what you've got!
http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... =1&t=16011

Jim

comethead

Post by comethead »

Welcome!
With the car off pull the fuse for now until you can remove the switch for troubleshooting.
Good luck!

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed