New to Comet Central

Let everyone know a little about yourself
Sargewolf1

New to Comet Central

Post by Sargewolf1 »

I recently moved from California to North Carolina. Was president of Comet West years ago. Getting settled down just south of the Piedmont Triad and hoping to make it to some of the shows once this covid stuff blows by. Maybe meet some new friends here in the east. Already saw a beautiful Carnival Red 65 cruise by my place.

I've owned my 65 Caliente since 2007, third owner, built in and spent it's entire life in CA until now. 289 with an autolite 4100 4bbl, greendot automatic. About 85% still original parts. When I bought it there was only 48,000 miles on it. Now it's just over 108,000. Originally Ivy Gold previous owner had it painted Wimbledon White (polar white) and added dual exhaust w/ Flowmaster 40s. Purrs going down the highway.

This is my 2nd 65 Caliente. The 1st was back in the late 70s for high school and then automotive trade school. Not much I can't repair on it myself, as long as I can find the parts. My dad made me sell it when I got in the ARMY. Used my inheritance to find one as close as possible to the 1st one.

I'll add some photos once I reduce the size of the jpg file.

Sargewolf1

Re: New to Comet Central

Post by Sargewolf1 »

Trying to post a couple of photos.

ImageImage

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Welcome to the site!
Look forward to your input and stories.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Clean ride 8)
My story similar to yours' as far as ownership. Owned many old Fords but my favorite was my '65 Cyclone. Quit buying and driving the old rides when the crusher caught all of them locally, before the internet era. When I finally had the money to find an older solid restoration, I couldn't find the Cyclone but settled on my '63 hardtop hot rod. All of the essentials have been replaced but I have plenty of items to tinker on to make it a better car. Also helping an old friend restore two '65 sedans.

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on Sarge! :D
Really nice ride! mint looking!!!

when you upload your pics to the postimage host it will give you a chance to resize them automatically when you up load them,click on the right end of where it says do not resize for options ,it will give you size options
" 640x480 (for message boards) '' is the best all around size for everybody >phones,tablets,desktops/laptops. it gives a nice big view without cutting off part of the pic.

also if you use the ''Hotlink to forums'' makes it bigger & easier to see on bigger devices other than a phone, & when a lot of pics are posted at once we can just scroll & see em all without clicking on each one.

for example here is pic from 'Thumbnails for forums'' vs the ''Hotlink to forums'' ;
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard! :D Sounds like you're between Charlotte and Highpoint. I'm probably about 140 miles south of you in Lexington, SC. You should come to the Gathering in Pidgeon Forge, TN, June 4-6. Only about 4 hours from you, and expressway most of the way. Get your shots, don a mask and join us. It's all outdoors on the grounds of the Mountain Breeze Motel. Hope to see you there.

Jim