Hechtspeed = Comet Lover!

Let everyone know a little about yourself
hechtspeed

Hechtspeed = Comet Lover!

Post by hechtspeed »

Hey Comet Heads!

I've been on this site before, can't remember if I joined or not. This time I'm here to stay. I'm going to go look at a '64 Caliente on Friday. I'll post more pics when the owner sends them. In the meantime, enjoy these pics of my dad's '64 Comet Cyclone that he owned from around 1970-1982 or so. He ran a best of 13.7 @ 99 at the 'Dale (original Irwindale dragstrip in SoCal) with a 289, 4 speed, Chevy valvesprings, headers, 3 deuce (not sure if best run was with that setup or a 4 bbl) and small slicks. My dad and his car roamed the streets of San Gabriel Valley California in the early 70's, mostly in Azusa and Glendora. He had a pretty hot setup for the day. He ran chrome Cragars and some window decals.
This car of my dad's means a lot me and the '64 Comet is pretty much my dream ride because of him. I love the looks, style, and hotrodability of the small block Ford. I personally would like to build a 64 Comet Caliente to make it sort of a pro-touring/restomod/vintage trans am style car with modern drivetrain, wheels tires and suspension/brakes. But, I'd just be happy with a traditional hot rod too and just drive the crap out of it and take my 3 sons (+1 son on the way) to car shows and pass on the hotrod blood. :)
Chris "Hechtspeed" Hecht
Join us at http://www.myrideisme.com/ and bring your Comet!
Looking for a '64 Comet Cyclone or Caliente project car.

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Re: Hechtspeed = Comet Lover!

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Welcome to the best Comet site going!!! WOW,talk about shaking the cobwebs out,I kind of remember that 64,I raced at the old Irwindale track from 69 thru the end.I have a blue 65 Caliente that I raced there for years then crewed on a Mustang gas class car.Good luck on your treasure hunt. ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

hechtspeed

Re: Hechtspeed = Comet Lover!

Post by hechtspeed »

What did you run there? Your '65 Cal? Yea, I wish I could find that car. My dad hasn't been able to find the VIN. Oh well. I'll have to find my own I guess. :)
Join us at http://www.myrideisme.com/ and bring your Comet!
Looking for a '64 Comet Cyclone or Caliente project car.