New member…

Let everyone know a little about yourself
Cougar1969

New member…

Post by Cougar1969 »

Introducing myself..

Name is Brian..

Found this forum searching for quarter panel patch for my sons 1965 202 that I gave him… I’ve had the car for years but never got around to doing anything with it.. it’s a great starter for a Rod build since it has no engine or interior..

So far we have picked up a 302 to build.. I have an old borg Warner t5 for it so I picked up a set of pedals… got a set of seats from a newer Ford Taurus I think.. not sure, his grandpa gave them to him..

My dad owns a restored 64 Caliente with K code 289 automatic and original bucket seats.. black with red interior.. I also have a 1969 Cougar XR7 all torn apart for restoring but am currently working on a Diva Roadster kit car..

Airplane mechanic by trade.. Specialize in single engine fixed gear with an emphasis on fabric airframe restoration.. Own a Suoer Cub for fun flying…

Will try and up load pictures when I can

Brian

poboyjo65

Re: New member…

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on! :D
Johno

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Welcome, Brian!

Piper Super Cub, eh? I jumped out of the last one I rode in (or was that a Cessna?) :lol:
That was many years ago. I have a bum leg to prove it. Still can clutch, though :P

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Joe Travers wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:54 pm
Welcome, Brian!

Piper Super Cub, eh? I jumped out of the last one I rode in (or was that a Cessna?) :lol:
That was many years ago. I have a bum leg to prove it. Still can clutch, though :P

Joe
POP hAS NOT ever understood a person jumping out of a perfectly good airplane :shock: :shock: :roll: :wink:
pop/glenda

Cougar1969

Post by Cougar1969 »

Joe Travers wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:54 pm
Welcome, Brian!

Joe
Probably more likely a Cessna.. Cub is a 2 place tandem aircraft… my neighbor still throws skydivers out of his 182 once in a while.. and at 82 years young he jumps out of it when someone else fly’s it for him.. they don’t do it as often as they used too, maybe once a month during the summer..

Brian

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Cougar1969 wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:28 pm
Probably more likely a Cessna..
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was a Cessna but the jumping bit was the first thing that came to mind.
That and a late old friend that flew crop dusters with a wine bottle between his legs. :lol:
He was one heck of a mechanic and a big Ford guy ta boot! Told great stories and gave me parts for my projects.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard, Brian! :D Here's how to post those pics:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16011

Jim

Cougar1969

Post by Cougar1969 »

Let’s show off some photos…

First, the boys project…

Yes, that’s a 1964 4 door in the background.. it’s dads parts car..

Speaking of dads car..

My Cougar on going project..

The Diva

And the Cub

We also have this for hauling more than 2 people..

Plus More projects than I know what to do with… including.. A Tri-Pacer, A Cessna 172XP, A 1987 Dodge Shelby CSX, A 1964 Honda C200 Sport 90, Plus customer projects..

Brian

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Busy man. Dig the '64 with the aluminum slots. My wheel of choice for many years.
Is the Cougar a big block car?

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

Cougar1969

Post by Cougar1969 »

Joe Travers wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:08 am
Busy man. Dig the '64 with the aluminum slots. My wheel of choice for many years.
Is the Cougar a big block car?

Joe
Those are Fenton wheels.. pretty sure they were dealer installed..

351 Windsor.. It is a factory 4 barrel but I’m really leaning to a pro tour type build so will probably do an engine swap.. Staying Ford though so coyote or modular 😈

Brian

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Big welcome! Always great to see people swamped in projects!!
Is that your son? I see he has your aircraft repair tools, is he about to work on that sbc (guess) with it? Lol
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Cougar1969 wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:25 am
351 Windsor.. It is a factory 4 barrel but I’m really leaning to a pro tour type build so will probably do an engine swap.. Staying Ford though so coyote or modular 😈
Reconsider rebuilding the 351W, JMO. The '69-'70 engines were very stout and made a lot of power with just a few tweaks- hotter cam, hi-rise intake, Holley DP and headers. They were high-compression engines with decent heads. A little porting on the exhaust side will really wake it up.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

I agree the W has what it takes,a buddy runs low 10s in his street driven Falcon.
But I too would lean to a Coyote for a pro tour. It ain't a cheap install for sure.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Well......if you ever get bored, its your own fault. :lol: Dad's got a nice looking 64. 8)

Jim

Cougar1969

Post by Cougar1969 »

SASSY wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:17 am
Big welcome! Always great to see people swamped in projects!!
Is that your son? I see he has your aircraft repair tools, is he about to work on that sbc (guess) with it? Lol
Fred
The youngest of two boys… that was when we were getting it out of the tight little area it was in.. I now have it in a bigger shop.. it is a SBC.. made 500 on NOS.. have a Richmond 6 speed behind it..
Joe Travers wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:45 pm

Reconsider rebuilding the 351W, JMO. The '69-'70 engines were very stout and made a lot of power with just a few tweaks- hotter cam, hi-rise intake, Holley DP and headers. They were high-compression engines with decent heads. A little porting on the exhaust side will really wake it up.

Joe
I was considering that also… might actually do it just to get it running and driving before going down the rabbit hole..

Brian