New Member - ‘63 S-22 Convertible

Let everyone know a little about yourself
RyanPitch

New Member - ‘63 S-22 Convertible

Post by RyanPitch »

Hi all, I’m glad to find this forum and have owned my ‘63 S-22 convertible for about 9 years.

I bought it site unseen off of eBay. I delivered it to my wife’s graduate school graduation and surprised her with it. Instead of flying home (we were not living near her school at that time), we drove it home. That by itself might not have seemed like much, but we drove it from Colorado to California. I had never driven it before that day. I flew (to Colorado) with a bag of tools that helped when I had to replace the thermostat somewhere in Arizona or Utah.

It’s a daily driver, but I’ve started working on it. That means I have started breaking things, which is why I’m seeking your help!

Ryan

Jims65cyclone

Re: New Member - ‘63 S-22 Convertible

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard, Ryan! :D Surprising your wife with a 50 year old car and telling her that's how you're getting home half way across the country speaks volumes about your marriage. :lol: Glad you've started working on it. There's plenty of advice to be had here, free for the asking. What are your plans for it? And let us see what she looks like. Here's one way how:
http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... =1&t=16011

Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome on! :D cool story!
Johno

Sugarmaker

Post by Sugarmaker »

Ryan,
Great back story! Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to pictures of your car.
Regards,
Chris and Cheryl

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Welcome!
Drive it, break it, fix it,, repeat lol.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

comethead

Post by comethead »

RyanPitch wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:15 pm
Hi all, I’m glad to find this forum and have owned my ‘63 S-22 convertible for about 9 years.

I bought it site unseen off of eBay. I delivered it to my wife’s graduate school graduation and surprised her with it. Instead of flying home (we were not living near her school at that time), we drove it home. That by itself might not have seemed like much, but we drove it from Colorado to California. I had never driven it before that day. I flew (to Colorado) with a bag of tools that helped when I had to replace the thermostat somewhere in Arizona or Utah.

It’s a daily driver, but I’ve started working on it. That means I have started breaking things, which is why I’m seeking your help!

Ryan
That’s friggin cool! Right on welcome to the forum

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed