gulfwarsubvet

Let everyone know a little about yourself
gulfwarsubvet

gulfwarsubvet

Post by gulfwarsubvet »

:D Just joined today and just had my first comet delivered yersterday. She's gonna take a lot of work but I'm up for it and excited. Its a light green (almost white) 60 Comet sedan from the midwest. Solid car with practically no rust and runs excellent. Excellent interior also. Needs new brakes and a gas tank to be road worthy. Also need to get some seatbelts as they were an option that year.
I chose the car, because I like the style of the 60-61 cars and this is something different. Not the same other mustangs, camaros and other 50s cars you see in the area. There are none of these in my area, that I know of. I have seen one 63 in primer, but it's in very bad shape.
I'm married with one daughter.
I currently live in Maryland, which is my home state. My wife is from Seattle.
I'm a vet of the first gulf War as you can see by the username. I was in the Navy on 2 Nuke Subs from 90-98.
Currently I work at a Nuke Power Plant.
Glad I found this site and look forward to posting here.
60 Comet under construction

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Welcome, gulfwarsubvet, glad to have you here. '60/'61 Comets are pretty unique and you don't see them very often.

Be sure and check out arzoo623 (Len's) website http://www.61thriftpower.com/ he has lots of info on your year Comet.

I have my eye on a 2dr sedan that I hope to have for the asking, it will take alot of work though.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

supercomet

Post by supercomet »

Welcome. Good to know that another 60 comet is being saved. Mine is rotting and probably going to continue to do so for quite a while. You are right. There are not very many on the road. Mine was the only one in CO on the road when I was there. Where in Maryland are you at. I will be TDY at the end of March and would love to see this comet. I will be in DC area durring this time but TDY to Fort Dix.
Drew Wanzer
"I love the smell of roasting tires in the morning"

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

What subs were you on? I work with a guy who was on the Nebraska ( I think ) around the same time you were in.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Merc63

Post by Merc63 »

Good to see another Cometeer in MD. Maybe whe we get them going, we can hook up at one of the local cruise nights. Interesting that your wife is from the Seattle area. I'm originally from there, too. Were you out of the Bangor subbase earlier? I lived only a couple miles from there, and had a roommate that was a radarman on a boomer.
I've owned over a hundred cars in the last 27 years. What the heck was *I* thinking? ;)